Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like everything works until I update Clover. I have started from scratch completely wiping my drive. Any idea why this would happen? Thanks.

Make sure you are selecting the correct things to be installed by Clover.

I'm following the instructions from Stork on page 1. The only difference is that I am not selecting "Inject ATI" because I didn't get his newer gpu that he later installed. Just to make sure, am I supposed to be selecting the NVRAM Clover version or not?

Also, I'm selecting iMac 17,1 instead of 14,2. Not sure if this matters...?

I'm following the instructions from Stork on page 1. The only difference is that I am not selecting "Inject ATI" because I didn't get his newer gpu that he later installed. Just to make sure, am I supposed to be selecting the NVRAM Clover version or not?

Also, I'm selecting iMac 17,1 instead of 14,2. Not sure if this matters...?

Please take a screenshot of where it asks if you want NVRAM Clover version or not. I'm not sure what that means.

Yes, choosing 17,1 vs 14,2 can matter depending on how your IGPU is configured.

The NVRAM Clover version area I am referring to is in MultiBeast under "Bootloaders". It asks "Clover UEFI Boot Mode" or "Clover UEFI Boot Mode + EMulated NVRAM".

The NVRAM Clover version area I am referring to is in MultiBeast under "Bootloaders". It asks "Clover UEFI Boot Mode" or "Clover UEFI Boot Mode + EMulated NVRAM".

If you are using AptioMemoryFix, you shouldn't need emulated NVRAM.

How do I know if I'm using it? Sorry for the noobness. I'm following instructions per Stork except the Inject ATI. I'm selecting iMac 14,2 now. I just need to figure out whether to use emulated NVRAM or not. I have a nVidia GTX 950 for GPU.

How do I know if I'm using it? Sorry for the noobness. I'm following instructions per Stork except the Inject ATI. I'm selecting iMac 14,2 now. I just need to figure out whether to use emulated NVRAM or not. I have a nVidia GTX 950 for GPU.

Select no emulated NVRAM for now.

Afterwards, look in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ and see if AptioMemoryFix-64.efi is in there.

I redid Multibeast and chose no emulated NVRAM and iMac 14,2 and everything works. Thank you! One last question... Should I use the latest Multibeast for 10.14 on 10.13 or still stick with the High Sierra MultiBeast if I'm using High Sierra? Thanks.

I redid Multibeast and chose no emulated NVRAM and iMac 14,2 and everything works. Thank you! One last question... Should I use the latest Multibeast for 10.14 on 10.13 or still stick with the High Sierra MultiBeast if I'm using High Sierra? Thanks.

Latest should be fine.

Stick with the last MultiBeast for High Sierra because the Remove XHCI USB Port Limit is different for High Sierra than for Mojave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back