Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia drivers weren’t loaded but I didn’t try to enable them. Isn’t my confit.plist file on my main drive worthless at this point if it’s not working? Meaning I shouldn’t even back it up...? Thank you again.

It might be worthwhile to copy the config.plist so that you can reference it later on.

So I copied the EFI folder over from the USB drive to main drive and it boots up; however, the NVidia drivers won't load. I re-ran Multibeast also. In the NVidia preference pane, I choose Nvidia web driver and reboot, however, when booting back up, it still shows "default macOS graphics driver." Help appreciated. Thank you.

So I copied the EFI folder over from the USB drive to main drive and it boots up; however, the NVidia drivers won't load. I re-ran Multibeast also. In the NVidia preference pane, I choose Nvidia web driver and reboot, however, when booting back up, it still shows "default macOS graphics driver." Help appreciated. Thank you.

Assuming you've installed the correct version of the Nvidia web drivers, there are several different ways to enable them.

Method 1:
Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 12.37.11 PM.png
Method 2:
Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 12.37.20 PM.png
Method 3:
Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 12.40.49 PM.png

Thank you for the quick reply. Did what you suggested and no luck. In Clover, I double check to see if its enabled and it is. This all started when I updated Clover to 4934. Before updating Clover, it was working fine.

Thank you for the quick reply. Did what you suggested and no luck. In Clover, I double check to see if its enabled and it is. This all started when I updated Clover to 4934. Before updating Clover, it was working fine.

Make sure you have installed the version of the Nvidia web drivers that correspond with the version of macOS you are running. If you are not using the right version, the web drivers will not load.

I installed the latest drivers for 10.13.6

Edit: Actually, the terminal way you posted above does not work for me. I get an error message, "Error setting variable - 'boot-args+nvda_drv' : (iokit/common) general error"

I installed the latest drivers for 10.13.6

Edit: Actually, the terminal way you posted above does not work for me. I get an error message, "Error setting variable - 'boot-args+nvda_drv' : (iokit/common) general error"

I don't know why it doesn't work for you.

Those are the only methods I know to enable Nvidia web drivers.

Does that terminal error message mean anything to you?

It seems like everything works until I update Clover. I have started from scratch completely wiping my drive. Any idea why this would happen? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back