Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the discussion from Posts 1035-1039 discussed the problem and solution. What BIOS are you on? If it's the latest, there is a simulated keyboard/mouse BIOS parameter that you have to disable or you'll have booting problems. See Post #1043.

I'm an idiot--I started making my Hackintosh some time ago and made my installer USB with outdated software. A newer version of Multibeast has released which has patches for Intel HD 530 Graphics, which was what was causing all my problems. If you have Intel HD graphics, make sure you download the drivers from Multibeast in the customize > graphics section.

Last edited:
@Stork quick question about creating fresh install of 10.13 with USB installer. Since I'm on a BIOS of 3405 do I need to include RC Scrips to Emulated NVRAM in the Clover Installer?

No, not needed for the USB installer.

Just an update. I am running a very stable 10.12.6 build and this is my only machine now. I added a SanDisk 240GB SSD and have Windows 10 installed on that, booting via Clover. I'll wait for macOS 10.13.3 or so before upgrading to high Sierra.

I have started to get 'running out of application memory' messages again. I usually have a number of apps open. In an Apple community support forum on this topic someone pointed at EtreCheck https://etrecheck.com/ and I tried it. This seems to indicate that I need more RAM, so I've ordered another 16GB. A sample EtreCheck report is attached below. While it doesn't show all the Clover kexts, it does list the /L/E and /S/L/E ones, with their versions, along with all the hardware and a lot of software and process information.

Attachments

• 17_1018-EtreCheck report.pdf
    94 KB · Views: 260
So I built a dual boot Windows 10/Mac OS Sierra Hackintosh, using this guide and a few snippets from Storks i-6700k build. I have to say, the documentation here is excellent, and as a result, everything works. Though I do have one minor issue. My sound works just fine, however the microphone-in sensitivity seems to be lacking. I have to be right on top of the microphone in order for Siri to hear me, simply speaking at the microphone as it sits on the desk isn't sufficient. Now I know the mic is good, because with the same mic on the Windows side, a mere whisper will wake Cortana up. My face doesn't need to be anywhere near the microphone to invoke her. It's a standard 3.5mm plug style mic, plugged into the pink mobo connector. Is there anything I can do to boost the mic's gain within Sierra, outside of the input levels?

One interesting side note, if I use the alternate mic in, that's on the front of the PC case, Siri can hear me loud and clear, mic gain is fine. But oddly enough Siri doesn't work consistently with that mic input. She'll work for about 2 minutes before going deaf, whereas she will work consistently, albeit hearing impaired on the pink mobo jack.

Any thoughts?

So I built a dual boot Windows 10/Mac OS Sierra Hackintosh, using this guide and a few snippets from Storks i-6700k build. I have to say, the documentation here is excellent, and as a result, everything works. Though I do have one minor issue. My sound works just fine, however the microphone-in sensitivity seems to be lacking. I have to be right on top of the microphone in order for Siri to hear me, simply speaking at the microphone as it sits on the desk isn't sufficient. Now I know the mic is good, because with the same mic on the Windows side, a mere whisper will wake Cortana up. My face doesn't need to be anywhere near the microphone to invoke her. It's a standard 3.5mm plug style mic, plugged into the pink mobo connector. Is there anything I can do to boost the mic's gain within Sierra, outside of the input levels?

One interesting side note, if I use the alternate mic in, that's on the front of the PC case, Siri can hear me loud and clear, mic gain is fine. But oddly enough Siri doesn't work consistently with that mic input. She'll work for about 2 minutes before going deaf, whereas she will work consistently, albeit hearing impaired on the pink mobo jack.

Any thoughts?

To be honest, I never really used the audio in port. I use the mic that's built-in to my Logitech webcam...

Hi, i have a new problem with this build, sometimes sound just stop working after 2-3 hours and it's fixed with a reboot or sleep. Sleep is also not working.. i thinks it's known issue for sleep, i will check it but the sound problem is weird for me because it worked at start. :(

Awesome build, I just put one together just like this using a modified G5 case. Im installing using 10.13.1 and everything seems to be working out of the box aside from graphics driver. every time I restart I have to remove the boot arg disable=1 from clover options (or something like that) and then it boots and other times even after doing that it still gets stuck at the apple logo. I have the newest driver that was just released from Nvidia, the times that it does boot the graphics look great. any suggestions are much appreciated... Thank you!

• Make sure that you have EmuVariableUefi-64 installed.
  • In Clover Configurator, System Parameter section, make sure "NvidiaWeb" is checked.
  • In Clover Configurator, Boot section, make sure "nv_disable=1" is unchecked. (Supposedly, "nvda_drv=1" no longer does anything, but I still have it checked.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back