Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot for your help Stork. I'll post my booting questions in that thread you mentioned.

Hey Stork- out of nowhere I'm getting hr missing Bluetooth controller support message and when booting normally the progress bar gets to almost to 100% and hangs. Your help is always appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 81
Hi Stork,

thanks a lot for your work here. I have bought the exact same components as you, so I was wondering if you could help me (I very much hope so). To sum up again:
Maximus VIII Gene
i5-6600k
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 950

I have a few problems. :oops:

1. I cannot switch to the recommended Mac Pro 3,1 system definition. I have tried in both MultiBeast and Clover. The sys def shows up correctly in my config.plist, yet when I click on "About this Mac", it says "iMac, 27-inch, late 2015". So, it seems as if the changes in config.plist won't take effect on my system. How can this be solved?

This is probably linked to the following problem(s).

2. My GPU, after installing the appropriate web drivers, is listed as "NVIDIA Chip Model 5 MB". Thus, there is no significant increase to the HD530 graphics, it is actually worse in terms of resolution and artifacts.

3. My USB audio interface sends static through my JBL monitor-speakers. No static/interference/crackling when using headphones, so it's probably hardware related (also crackles during boot). This was also present in my previous build/installation mission, not solving it causing me to return everything and start fresh. Well, now I have the exact same problem. Some people mentioned this might be due to my speakers causing problems with the Motherboard.

I tried to find your config.plist to just exchange it, yet I couldn't find it at the end of the config.plist mod steps. Where exactly is it? I can only see the respective fragments. Is it one of those? A download link of the oil might help me, yet if you (or somebody else who feels qualified) have any other recommendations? As I said, completely same setup.

Oh, I've built this system intending to build a audio-production hack.

xoreminder, I have similar problems like you and I hope Stork can help up. Thank you all!

1. OS X only starts with nv_disable=1 or when I switch "NVIDIA Web Driver" to "OX X Default Graphics Driver" (If not monitor goes to sleep)
2. Audio doesn't work at all.
3. Messages and FaceTime doesn't work.

PS: CPU i7 6700K GPU GIGABYTE GTX 970

It would be good to start with fixing the system definition, as I've read on here that this is linked to reduced gpu compability. But the config changes won't reflect in the About this Mac section... As of now, can only boot with nv_disable=1. Thanks in advance everybody!

Gentlemen, I'm traveling so I'm just seeing your problems, and I don't have access to Gene to inspect or test to see what a possible solution might be to your problems. Collectively, I didn't have the problems you've listed. So, if I don't directly address your stated problem(s), I direct you to http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...st-solutions-el-capitan-install-problems.html.

Additionally, if you didn't use my installation procedures, the go review them in the first post. If you did follow them, you missed a step; so I recommend you review my procedures to see what step(s) you missed doing.

legaleye3000, see the above link.

xoreminder,
1. Did you try to change to change your System Definition with Clover Configurator? If not, try it. You might also use Clover Configurator to set up your SysDef's info that iMessage needs There is an excellent guide on how to Get iMessage working > How to Fix iMessage. (I just have my MacBook Pro with me so I don't want to risk opening Clover Configurator to tell you what to do.)

2. It sounds like your Nvidia drivers aren't being set to use. Check to see in the Nvidia System Preference pane that the "Use Nvidia drivers" is checked. If not, add ""nvda_drv=1"" to your Clover's boot arguments (use Clover Configurator). See the following Graphics forum section threads to help your graphics debugging:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/183617-read-me-first-graphics-setup-troubleshooting.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html

3. Although I just use GarageBand for my audio recording needs, Gene works great using the standard Green port (Rear Panel) output to my monitor speakers. So, I can only recommend you play with the Audio MIMI Setup app in /Applications/Utilities/, and, maybe, getting some help from the users in the Music and/or Audio forum sections.

narcys-ray, sounds like you have the same problem/solution described in 2. above.

Good luck, guys! I think you all need to start posting your problems and/or looking for solutions in the sticky threads and regular threads in El Capitan Desktop Support and other forum sections (Graphics, Music, General Help, etc.)

Thanks Stork - I would be posting in the other support threads, but your'e the only one that usually responds... No one has responded to my post in the support thread and my system is pile of junk right now.

I followed the link you posted (tried before posting and bothering you) and I'm still having issues. I can't even boot off the usb. It just hangs at the bluetooth message when booting...

EDIT: The only difference I see is when I remove the graphics card and boot with nv_disable=1. After the missing bluetooth controller transport message, it then says "[IGPU] Graphics driver failed to load: could not register with Framebuffer driver!

Stork,

thanks a lot for your input! I did another clean install to throw out any possible mistakes I made. After Multibeast, the Clover Configurator already shows my sysdef as Mac Pro 3,1. However, I entered new information, but no dice. Still got an "iMac"... :?:

Furthermore, I referred to the NVIDIA manual you suggested and plugged in the GPU after Multibeast finished and I shut down the system. Booting with nv_disable=1, I installed the latest 10.11.4 web drivers. I then went back to my Clover Configurator to ensure I did not have Inject NVIDIA and ensure I got the nvda drv=1, which was already present. I tried to boot - black screen. :banghead:

In my NVIDIA preference pane none of the slots are showing a GPU installed, exactly like with the GT610 I returned, not getting it to work properly.

I then tried to use Inject NVIDIA, but again a black screen. I'm suspecting that none of the config file changes actually change how my system behaves, as when I e.g. enter nv_disable=1 in the Clover Configurator, I will still have to manually enter the boot flag to avoid the black screen, which definitely should not happen, right? Additionally (and oddly), in the clover boot screen, It states that my OS version is 10.10.10, which is not the case (10.11.4). This is weird.

Thanks for reading, any help on this is highly appreciated!

Xoreminder - just wondering if you have plugged in the gpu to the power supply? When I built this (first build), I didn't, even though the gpu lit up when looking at it...

Yes, it is plugged in. I think otherwise I would not be able to get a signal from it using the nv_disable=1 bootflag. I have now tried all the steps in the "Solving NVIDIA problems" post, but it still won't work and the display goes to sleep at the end of the boot sequence. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back