Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the quick response Stork, So actually, What you are saying is that it's already included with the alcxxx driver? Cause i'm now using the alc1150 driver and the audio fix but it doesn't detect my audio device. View attachment config.plist (My config.plist, maybe it's useful)

kota1991, then run toleda's script. You are obviously having a problem that I didn't. Make sure you mount your installation drive's EFI partition with EFI Mounter v3 before running toleda's script. Then, make sure your Sound (System Preference pane) is set up like I have shown to get the audio out the Rear Panel's Green port.

Thanks again for the response,

I tried Toleda's script but when i run the first command it can't detect my codec. So i reinstalled the alc1150 codec from multibeast and tried again but it still can't detect my codec. Screen Shot 2016-04-18 at 07.22.30.png
This is what it said.

My hackintosh with NVME drive just failed to boot with "Invalid Node Structure" on the Disk check. Booted into the Recovery and Disk utility said the same thing and could not repair it. This basically means the directory catalog was corrupted. Im guessing this happened because of how often the System does not shut down properly with the NVME drive.

Fixed it by using the command fsck_hfs -r /dev/diskxsy
This took a while and repaired the structure and now it boots again with apparently no file missing.

Backup your data!

Other than that it is running absolutely solid and without any hiccup.

First, I want to thank you for publishing this guide, helped me in my similar build (Windows 10 / OSX 10.11.3 dual boot):

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII GENE mATX Z170
Intel i7-6700K Skylake Processor
Noctua NH-U12S
ASUS GeForce GTX 970

Fractal Design Node 804

SeaSonic X Series X650

SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB

G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 32GB

I was wondering, have you upgraded to 10.11.4 yet? Any issues, or tweaks you needed to do? I know the nVidia drivers will need to be installed, but any big issues with Intel Integrated graphics?

First, I want to thank you for publishing this guide, helped me in my similar build (Windows 10 / OSX 10.11.3 dual boot)...

I was wondering, have you upgraded to 10.11.4 yet? Any issues, or tweaks you needed to do? I know the nVidia drivers will need to be installed, but any big issues with Intel Integrated graphics?
Updating to 10.11.4 was a breeze. Go for it.

I updated the original post's procedure for MultiBeast for El Capitan v8.2 which now provides for the previously method of updating the config.plist file. So, the installation becomes easier. :thumbup:

Hi Stork - I'm having iMessage issues and I'm reading the iMessage Fix guide. There's a part recommending I change from MacPro 3,1 to something newer.

1. Can I use the latest iMac system definition or would you recommend something else?

2. What's the safest way to do this? In config.plist, I'm in SMBIOS/ProductName. Do I simply just change that and the remaining items will change ("family", "biosreleasedate", etc.)? Thanks!

Hi Stork - I'm having iMessage issues and I'm reading the iMessage Fix guide. There's a part recommending I change from MacPro 3,1 to something newer.

1. Can I use the latest iMac system definition or would you recommend something else?

2. What's the safest way to do this? In config.plist, I'm in SMBIOS/ProductName. Do I simply just change that and the remaining items will change ("family", "biosreleasedate", etc.)? Thanks!
1. Try iMac14,2 and see how it works. The newer iMac17,1 has problems, and I don't want to recommend it.

2. Use Clover Configuraor as it has the ability to randomize the build date and something else I can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back