Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about processors modes/states? I mean do we need to apply the knowledge described here
power management

Not needed. I did compare the results few years ago using SSDT and PluginType = 'enabled'. There wasn't much difference. SSDT is useful if CPU is running at max, have sleep/USB issues or kernel panics.

If you want to use SSDT then you can put it in EFI folder and disable PluginType.

Let me compare the CPU results right now... I'll get back to you on that.

Okay... Interesting enough that SSDT-i7-6700K.aml caused a kernel panic and rebooted my computer so I guess its outdated for Catalina.

I made my own SSDT and compared it against PluginType and it showed similar results. 800, 4000 and 4200 mhz which is good. The old one, SSDT-i7-6700K.aml, was not stable and mhz was jumping all over the place as high as 1,500,000 mhz due the fact that macOS cannot get accurate readings or manage the CPU's power properly. Therefore, Acpi -> PluginType 'enabled' is good enough.

I've tried using XMP enabled in BIOS before and it crashed. Not sure if it has to do with the memory spec or brand in my computer. You can test it to see if its stable. I have no reason to overclock since I'm not running any CPU or memory intensive applications.

I made my own SSDT and compared it against PluginType and it showed similar results. 800, 4000 and 4200 mhz which is good. The old one, SSDT-i7-6700K.aml, was not stable and mhz was jumping all over the place as high as 1,500,000 mhz due the fact that macOS cannot get accurate readings or manage the CPU's power properly. Therefore, Acpi -> PluginType 'enabled' is good enough.

I made my own SSDT and compared it against PluginType and it showed similar results
Can you point me to a topic where you get all that knowledge about SSDT, plz.

800, 4000 and 4200 mhz which is good
How did you measure it?

Therefore, Acpi -> PluginType 'enabled' is good enough.
Where I can read what is that and how to work with PluginType 'enabled'?

Can you point me to a topic where you get all that knowledge about SSDT, plz.

How did you measure it?

I use iStat and Intel Power Gadget to monitor the CPU frequencies.

Where I can read what is that and how to work with PluginType 'enabled'?

Rehabman said for Haswell and newer processors... Customized SSDT is not needed and only to enable PluginType. Clover will generate its own SSDT at boot. If you plan to overclock your CPU then you will need to customize your own SSDT with OC frequency.

Here's my updated config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.5 KB · Views: 71
And another question is about XMP and overclock - can I do that? Do I need to adjust something in Clover if I enabled XMP or overclock i6700k to 4.2Ghz?

I haven't played with OC features beyond 4.2gHz.

Soon it's gona be FakeSMS only and that's it - Hack is native :headbang:

I'm starting to dabble with OpenCore and I think it will be the next successor of Clover. I've used Chimera and iBoot since Lion 10.7.

I'm starting to dabble with OpenCore and I think it will be the next successor of Clover. I've used Chimera and iBoot since Lion 10.7.

Yes. I've read some articles about OpenCore.

@remington have you tried to use HiDPI mode on 2K display for our Hacks?

P.S. I found this topic, but I'm not sure that we can do it with our Hack monitors. In that topic all information is about iMacs, Macbooks. Searching...

P.P.S. I found the answer here. It seems that 4K 2"' monitor is the right option because that's how you can use 1080p in HiDPI mode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back