Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same thing happens whether I boot from USB or not. Is there anything in Clover settings prior to choosing to boot from macOS to do?

You can make edits to your USB flash drive from the computer you are currently typing on.

Here is your original EFI folder from post #1238 with the addition of the kexts you deleted from /Library/Extensions/.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.1 MB · Views: 66
Ok, so we are back - up and running. I followed your suggestion. Now what do you want me to do for the multi-monitor issue? Thank you!

Ok, so we are back - up and running. I followed your suggestion. Now what do you want me to do for the multi-monitor issue? Thank you!

Just to confirm... You have copied the EFI folder from post #1275 to the EFI partition of your main system drive, correct?

If yes, leave that as-is until we figure out why you are getting black screen and why you are not getting acceleration and multi-monitor support. Just use your USB flash drive for testing until all issues are resolved. When it is, you can replace the EFI folder on your system drive with the one from your USB flash drive.

On Mojave, once you have IGPU enabled in BIOS with 64MB or more, we should be able to leave config.plist > Graphics and config.plist > Devices > Properties empty and Clover/macOS should be able to detect your IGPU and automatically use them correctly.

On your original config.plist, you used a fake device-id for your IGPU. This gives video but no acceleration at all. The first thing I did was remove this fake device-id.

In the past, we needed AGDP fixes to correct the black screen issue that affected Skylake systems but WhateverGreen should have fixed that... Another thing that can cause black screen is incorrect connectors being used. If this is your problem, you will need to patch your Framebuffer using the following guide:

Edit:
One other thing worth trying is to use iMac18,1 system definition. Since both iMac17,1 and iMac18,x use Z170 chipsets, there shouldn't be any issues.

Last edited:
Yes you are correct. I copied EFI from post#1275 to my main drive's EFI partition. I just rebooted without the usb and everything is working fine again (except the multi-monitor).

I'm using iMac 16,2. To change to 17,1, do I just change it in SMBIOS in Clover Configurator?

Yes you are correct. I copied EFI from post#1275 to my main drive's EFI partition. I just rebooted without the usb and everything is working fine again (except the multi-monitor).

I'm using iMac 16,2. To change to 17,1, do I just change it in SMBIOS in Clover Configurator?

Remember to just use your USB flash drive for testing and don't make any changes to your main system drive until testing is done.

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 3.15.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-07 at 3.16.04 PM.png

Again, you can try iMac17,1 and iMac18,1.

Once I select it, just go to File then Save? Thanks again.

Once I select it, just go to File then Save? Thanks again.

1. Mount the EFI partition of your USB flash drive. (it's best if you only have one EFI partition mounted, so do not mount the EFI partition of your main system drive.)
  2. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/.
  3. Right click on config.plist.
  4. Select "Open with" and choose Clover Configurator.

I did that. Then I made the change as you instructed to iMac 17,1. Once I do that, then go to file and save, correct? Thanks!

I did that. Then I made the change as you instructed to iMac 17,1. Once I do that, then go to file and save, correct? Thanks!

Yes. Please try both iMac17,1 and iMac18,1.

Both iMac17,1 and 18,1 do not work. However, I notice that I have the arrangement tab in Display settings. However, still a black screen and the monitor goes to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back