Register

Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 & GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 Two Monitors

Hi Stork,

i'm a Hackintosh newbie and have just one question:
My motherboard is a GA-Z97N-WIFI.

Bluetooth is still working and Wifi is'nt with the onboard card.

I read your post about the BT card and the respective adapter.

Now i want to buy both cards and would ask you, works this without any problems for my Hackintosh? I have installed El Cpaitan 10.11.2

Here are the links:
[h=1]http://de.aliexpress.com/item/Broad..._82_80_62,searchweb201644_0,searchweb201560_5[/h]
And the adapter:
http://de.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-..._82_80_62,searchweb201644_0,searchweb201560_5

As i understand this right, then i don't need an extra onboard USB port, right?
Just plug in an have fun?

Sorry for my English, I'm from Germany ;-)

Best,
Dennis

Hi Stork,

i'm a Hackintosh newbie and have just one question:
My motherboard is a GA-Z97N-WIFI.

Bluetooth is still working and Wifi is'nt with the onboard card.

I read your post about the BT card and the respective adapter.

Now i want to buy both cards and would ask you, works this without any problems for my Hackintosh? I have installed El Cpaitan 10.11.2

Here are the links:
[h=1]http://de.aliexpress.com/item/Broad..._82_80_62,searchweb201644_0,searchweb201560_5[/h]
And the adapter:
http://de.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-..._82_80_62,searchweb201644_0,searchweb201560_5

As i understand this right, then i don't need an extra onboard USB port, right?
Just plug in an have fun?

Sorry for my English, I'm from Germany ;-)

Best,
Dennis
I have not knowledge or experience with aliexpress, so hopefully they will provide the right products that work.

As I have stated before, this wireless combination makes Hector (my H97N system) feel just like an iMac with respect to sleep/wake-up and wireless and Bluetooth operations. It reduces the frustration factor to lowest level you can get with a hackintosh.

Be advised that you'll need four antennas as I described in the wireless post in this thread.

Make sure the Broadcom card is an iMac compatible replacement card. If it is, that's a good price.

Hello, I'm newbie, I'am going to build this components for my new Desktop, and I ask you for advice. Many Thanks in advance for your greatful help.

Intel Core i7 - 4790 8MB 3.6GHz Socket 1150
Gigabyte GV-N75TOC-2GI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI Socket 1150
Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz C10 CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10

I would like to install on it Mac OSX El Capitan or any SO, that functions properly.

My doubts concern:
USB 3.0 Front Panel, Audio Jack Panel
Internal Stock Wi-Fi

At the end: Do you suggest me Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI or Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI. Both works fine with wifi and audio, without problems or could you kindly suggest another new motherboard full compatible without wifi but with z97 chipset?. This wuold be my first Hackintosh's build.

Last edited:

Hello, I'm newbie, I'am going to build this components for my new Desktop, and I ask you for advice. Many Thanks in advance for your greatful help.

Intel Core i7 - 4790 8MB 3.6GHz Socket 1150
Gigabyte GV-N75TOC-2GI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI Socket 1150
Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz C10 CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10

I would like to install on it Mac OSX El Capitan or any SO, that functions properly.

My doubts concern:
USB 3.0 Front Panel, Audio Jack Panel
Internal Stock Wi-Fi

At the end: Do you suggest me Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI or Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI. Both works fine with wifi and audio, without problems or could you kindly suggest another new motherboard full compatible without wifi but with z97 chipset?. This wuold be my first Hackintosh's build.
The components should work fine, but make sure your memory is on the Gigabyte H97N Memory Support List.

Also, see http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...d4600-gtx-750-ti-using-clover-el-capitan.html. :thumbup:

Thanks a lot. Unfortunately I've changed to another mobo, which was inserted in your list and perfectly compatible. So I' m going to buy this final settlement, that is:

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790
Graphic Card: nVidia Gigabyte GeForce gtx 750Ti
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
Ram: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 1600Mhz
Pci: Wi-Fi TPLink TL-WN881ND
PSU: LC Power LC600H-12 80+ 600W
Case: BitFenix NEOS
Hard Disk: Seagate 1TB T1000DM003
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
DVD Burner: LG DVD Sata

I'll follow absolutely your posts for Mac OS X's Installation!.
Eveything it's ok? Best Regards
:)

There are several GA-H97M-D3H based build descriptions and El Capitan guides that will provide you better information.

Hello, I've assembled my pc with:

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790
Graphic Card: nVidia Gigabyte GeForce gtx 750Ti
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
Ram: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 1600Mhz
Pci: Wi-Fi TPLink TL-WN881ND
Hard Disk: Seagate 1TB ST1000DM003
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

I'm following the post yosemite + clover (How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover)

The pc has now only for installation: 8gb memory only, no t-plink wifi, no gtx 750ti, no ssd.

I've a problem with installing yosemite, I'm actually now to the black screen with apple's logo and the bar running till almost half and then it reboot. Can you give me the right bios configuration for my h97m-d3h motherboard latest bios f7? What should I have to do with kekt, dsdt, I've followed exactly the thread. Thanks

Hi Stork,
Thanks for putting this guide together, this is almost exactly what I ended up with with the exception that I used the i3-4370 and the 750ti. I've been using my hack for a few months and got an IOGear USB dongle for the bluetooth(I don't use WIFI) but it'll have good days and bad days where sometimes the tracking on the magic trackpad will be super slow and the keyboard is intermittent. From reading on this forum it sounds like it could be related to having the bluetooth on the motherboard and the dongle? I was going to try removing the card from the motherboard and only using the dongle and see if that helped fix the issue. Before I do that, I was hoping to see if that threw any huge red flags to you? I'm hoping that after I do that I'll be able to use the continuity activation program to use continuity with my dongle as it seems that the dongle MAY be supported now.

Anyway, any thoughts you have would be appreciated.
Thanks,
David

system - ga-h97n-wifi
CPU - i3-4370
graphics - 750ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back