Contribute
Register

Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 & GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 Two Monitors

Hi Stork,
i see you are using edimax ac wireless, do you have trouble when shutdown? i have ac600, after install driver then it works but it take along time to shutdown or restart.

Hi Stork,
i see you are using edimax ac wireless, do you have trouble when shutdown? i have ac600, after install driver then it works but it take along time to shutdown or restart.
Do you have the latest driver for your version of OS X? I initially used the Edimac AC1200 USB 3.0 stick without any problems. However, since I upgraded to the iMac WiFi/BT 4 card, I haven't used the Edimac adapter except to test wireless connections on my other system.

yes, i got latest :(

Hi Stork,
Do you have the latest driver for your version of OS X? I initially used the Edimac AC1200 USB 3.0 stick without any problems. However, since I upgraded to the iMac WiFi/BT 4 card, I haven't used the Edimac adapter except to test wireless connections on my other system.

yes, i got latest :(
Hmmm, I'm not sure what is the solution to your problem. I recommend you post the problem in the fourm's Network section. http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/

Good luck! Sorry I couldn't help.

Stork said:
...The unforeseen benefit is that Hector sleeps and wakes-up without any issue except for the all nagging no audio after wake-up; this problem is one of Apple's problems, but is easily solved by shilohh's LoadHDA.app.
I'm just working with this board .
I installed a few voodoo sound kexts to test , from Yosemite MultiBeast.
0.2.61 gave me hiss, 0.2.1 gave me scratchy audio .
After that I "again " put in the proper alc892.
For what ever reason My audio is on when I wake it !
Your mileage may vary
:O

Good to hear! Congratulations! :thumbup:

A quick update...I successfully updated to El Cappy today. A quick USB check on the availability of the Back Panel and Front Panel USB ports showed they work...at USB 2 speeds. That was the good news. The bad news is that the USB 3 ports are listed in the System Report as USB 2 ports. I stick a USB 3 thumb drive in each USB 3 port, and it showed up under the USB 2 list. Bummer. I'll do some more testing tomorrow.

BTW, the default Clover System Definition was iMac13,2. Normally, I use iMac14,2. So, I'll check out the USB ports by changing the SysDef to iMac14,2. It shouldn't make a difference since both of those iMac models have 4 USB 2 ports.

I got my USB3 ports operating at what I think is full speed by following just the step 3 injector only from this site: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...full-speed-usb-series-89-keeping-vanilla-sle/

What I remember doing was downloading the USB_Series9_Injector.kext.zip, unzipping it, changed all entry's showing "iMac14,2" to "Macmini6,2" which is what I use, then copying the modified kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 and rebooting.

Then all my ports showed up under USB 3.0 Bus, USB3 appears to be at full speed and everything is working as was on Yosemite. Only issue I ran into was USB access from VirtualBox and I solved that by uninstalling VB and reinstalling it.

Hope this helps someone.

DOes anyone have p states working I just get 8 and 32.
Can anyone post his dsdt and ssdt?
Nothing changed when I generated one.
I plan to post my DSDT once I get the USB 3 ports working as USB 3 speeds. It's motherboard specific.

However, the SSDT is processor model # dependent. You can create your own SSDT for power management using Pike's ssdtPRGen.sh; just follow his directions.

Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By doing completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back