Contribute
Register

Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 & GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 Two Monitors

The number of antennas is definitely a factor. You just need one for the Bluetooth, but will need two to four for the WiFi to work correctly. I have a temporary four antenna setup as you can see in the pictures in Post #37. However, as I said in that post, I'm going to move the components out of the Prodigy case into a spare regular type case that has more PCI access covers and add one of my old PCIe card's PCI vertical plate with two antenna holes to mount the additional two antennas with 12" antenna lead wires.

Here's a screen snapshot of the DPCIManager PCI list.

133899-dpcimanger-pci-list-hector.png
Dear Stork

Thanks for your support, now I'm clearly about my problem. I search google and know that BCM94360 has 2 version : 43A0 and 4360, currently only 43A0 is supported in yosemite.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey Stork, i have two screens plug in....

when i turn off one screen my mouse is stutter. how can i fix this problem?? please help:p

Hey Stork, i have two screens plug in....

when i turn off one screen my mouse is stutter. how can i fix this problem?? please help:p

Well...don't do that! :lol:

Seriously, I've never run across that problem, but, then again, I've never turn off a monitor while the system is running. I've got most of my systems hooked up to a good KVM switch (keyboard, video, mouse), and, when switching between active systems, the KVM work as if they were dedicated with no mouse stuttering. So, I'm at a lost to offer any solution to your problem.

Is your mouse USB wired or wireless (BT or Logitech Unified TX/Receiver)?

thx for your reply:thumbup:

the second screen is my tv... the reason to turn off

i have a mouse reciever

Stork,

Do you know which port on the BT card is for the BT?

I am not planning on using the Wifi, so I would like to only connect one antenna.

Thanks.

Yes, I can enter the BIOS with the BT keyboard, and I can use the Apple Mighty Mouse to move through the BIOS screens and items, but the keyboard's arrow keys are easier. Just as an aside, I could get into the BIOS using both the Gigabyte card's BT capability, and, after removing the card, with the GMYLE BT 4 USB dongle.

Hi Stork,

I followed your guide for this system:
  • Gigabyte H97N-WIFI
  • Intel i5-4690T
  • Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 16GB (2x8GB)

with default 4600 integrated GPU.

Everything is running perfectly under OS X 10.10.3. I removed the default mini-PCIe WiFi + Bluetooth card (that stopped working after an initial short period after installation) and installed the adviced GMYLE USB Bluetooth adapter (in one of the ports above the PS/2 socket). Anyway I have never been able to boot into the BIOS nor enter options at the Chimera prompt with the paired Apple Keyboard.

Sometimes, after wake from sleep, the keyboard does not respond and I have to reboot the system or use a wired keyboard to log-in. Any ideas?

Thank you for your awesome guide!

Hello Stork,

I've bought the parts for a fairly similar build to yours, using the NODE 304 case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352033 which only has two PCI brackets (Filled up by my GTX 970), and I was planning on getting an iMac wifi/bt card similar to yours to plug into my GA-H79N WIFI's mini PCIe slot. Looking to thread two cables through some dodgy fan mount holes to external antennae like you have, but hoping to mount (either with a magnet or even just Bluetac) them on top of my case instead.

Regarding the two extra antenna's needed for the apple card, would it be possible to use a pair of something like these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/High-Gai...21?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item339159607d connected with a pair of cables (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DIHLOYS).

Mainly wanting to do this for the cute aesthetic, but seeing as I'm quite new to hackintoshing and making my own PCI card/antenna just wanted to see if you think it would work (Are there specific antennae that need to be used with the Apple card ie. compatible with 2.4GHz/5GHz/ac or will any old antenna work, 10dBi too much for home use?).

Many Thanks,

Riley

Edit: Just found these dual band antennae on ebay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2X-2-4GH...11?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item462a3f128f) and plan to plug them into these magnetic stands (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3M-RP-SM...46?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item5d40a1dc4e).

Think they would work with the apple card and the aforementioned cables?

...Think they would work with the apple card and the aforementioned cables?
I really don't know. Try it. The later approach has a better chance of succeeding than the radar-like antenna, IMO. Good Luck! :thumbup:

I really don't know. Try it. The later approach has a better chance of succeeding than the radar-like antenna, IMO. Good Luck! :thumbup:

Thanks for the quick reply, I think I might drop the $50, go the later approach, and hope for the best, I'll report success/failure in a couple of weeks.

Just a quick noob question, I'm planning to dual boot Yosemite and Windows 8.1, with the BCM94360CD wifi/bt card I will be able to get wifi (and bt) in windows 8.1 with the proper drivers right?
(https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1720?locale=en_US) or something similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back