Contribute
Register

Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 & GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 Two Monitors

Read through the guide and guess just had to choose between DSDT or SSDT. Gonna Frankenstein my box with a little DSDT to get the HDMI audio running. Will report back how it goes.
I don't know how to reply since you've not listed your system in the Profile System/CPU/Graphics or as a signature block. I'm not telepathic so I can't give you advice on your statement above.

Please read the tonymacx86 Forum's Rules and Policies (link at top of this page). Please provide complete details in your Profile.

System: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

I don't know how to reply since you've not listed your system in the Profile System/CPU/Graphics or as a signature block. I'm not telepathic so I can't give you advice on your statement above.

Please read the tonymacx86 Forum's Rules and Policies (link at top of this page). Please provide complete details in your Profile.

System: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

Oh my bad, I assume by replying to threads here can safely assume I've a similar build to Hector.

Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI
INTEL i5-4460
INTEL Integrated HD4600

Currently the mini-PCIe is still the INTEL, awaiting for Azurewave AW-CE123H (BCM94352HBM). Choose this because it's half height and has only two antenna, one-to-one swapping with the one that came with the mobo. A little editing can get it up as AirPort Extreme.

Anyway, weighing the pros and cons would going DSDT the easier option as I didnt partition for a /S/L/E

Oh my bad, I assume by replying to threads here can safely assume I've a similar build to Hector.
It's necessary as I've had posters who don't have the same components ask questions. Thanks for updating your Profile. :thumbup:

...Currently the mini-PCIe is still the INTEL, awaiting for Azurewave AW-CE123H (BCM94352HBM). Choose this because it's half height and has only two antenna, one-to-one swapping with the one that came with the mobo. A little editing can get it up as AirPort Extreme.
The Azurewave is a good option. Please report back on your success.

Anyway, weighing the pros and cons would going DSDT the easier option as I didnt partition for a /S/L/E
The Yosemite installation creates the /S/L/E (/System/Library/Extensions). If you don't have it, you can't boot into Yosemite. BTW, I think (IIRC) the SSDT is the way to go.

Are you able to get HDMI audio working?

Anyway, thanks for this awesome guide. Got my system working except wifi/bt. Waiting for my BCM94352 half PCI-e to arrive from China to get this 100% going, baring HDMI Audio though.

Read through the guide and guess just had to choose between DSDT or SSDT. Gonna Frankenstein my box with a little DSDT to get the HDMI audio running. Will report back how it goes.

Hey colordeficiency, you don't need to Frankenstein your box. I've switched to the Z97N but the procedure is the same:

Assuming you installed Realtek ALC892 in MultiBeast as Stork said, you need to run this script
Download graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-a-90_patch.command” script
from Toleda and then reboot, then go into /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist and change HDAEnabler from No to Yes, and then move your HDMI cable to the top port, and HDMI audio should work. If your machine crashes on start, then you didn't have Realtek ALC892 installed.

Stork, does your 5.1 setup involve Optical Audio by any chance, or is it with a 3x3.5mm setup?

I struggled for a week with Toleda to get AC3 via Optical Digital out of my build and it never worked. Finally I gave up and used a mini-TOSLINK adapter with my MacBook Pro, same settings worked beautifully. I'm away from that receiver now, and I won't be near it for some time. I was just wondering as an academic exercise.

P.S. The receiver is old and doesn't even support DTS, much less HDMI input :D

Hey colordeficiency, you don't need to Frankenstein your box. I've switched to the Z97N but the procedure is the same:

Assuming you installed Realtek ALC892 in MultiBeast as Stork said, you need to run this script
Download graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-a-90_patch.command” script
from Toleda and then reboot, then go into /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist and change HDAEnabler from No to Yes, and then move your HDMI cable to the top port, and HDMI audio should work. If your machine crashes on start, then you didn't have Realtek ALC892 installed.

I'm heading no where now. I understand that all my ports are HDMI/DVI but my display is currently connected to Port 0x6. I tried patch a which forces the port to be at Port 0x7 I suppose but that didn't work than I proceed to use patch d(without reverting to orig) now kinda messed up. I know that i have selected ALC892 in MultiBeast for sure.

I'm gonna find a orig kext to do the patch all again.

I just got the parts and am testing the configuration. Yeah, the four antenna configuration is a PITA. I've jury rigged the antenna setup. So far, wifi and BT work. I'll publish more info later including pictures and a installation guide. :thumbup:

Update

The WiFi/BT 4LE card is an Apple iMac card and the miniPCIe adapter interfaces correctly with the Gigabyte H97N's motherboard WiFi/BT card slot. Both were purchased from Amazon as described in tonymacx86's guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/1...apple-mini-cards-pcie-mini-pcie-adapters.html. Here's the more specific information:

112140d1415283152-continuity-handoff-capable-apple-mini-cards-pcie-mini-pcie-adapters-bcm2.png
112139d1415283150-continuity-handoff-capable-apple-mini-cards-pcie-mini-pcie-adapters-bcm1.png

Dear Stork,
How can you make this card working? I used both BCM94360Cd and Adapter like of your cards on my Yosemite 10.10.2 hackintosh but I can't get them working.
In System informating - Hardware - Bluetooth (not show), PCI (not available in System Information but DPCIManager available) WiFi does not show interface En3, USB show Bluetooth with no electric.
My wifi card is BCM94360CD (14E4,4360), is it like your card ?
Are you sure this adapter working well? What do you do for it work? (as install kext...?)
Please confirm to help me before I order a new one. (below picture)
1.jpg

Thanks and wait for responding from you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dear Stork,
How can you make this card working? I used both BCM94360Cd and Adapter like of your cards on my Yosemite 10.10.2 hackintosh but I can't get them working.
In System informating - Hardware - Bluetooth (not show), PCI (not available in System Information but DPCIManager available) WiFi does not show interface En3, USB show Bluetooth with no electric.
My wifi card is BCM94360CD (14E4,4360), is it like your card ?
Are you sure this adapter working well? What do you do for it work? (as install kext...?)
Please confirm to help me before I order a new one. (below picture)
View attachment 133848

Thanks and wait for responding from you.
My iMac WiFi/BT card and adapter card work so well that, when I running the system, I think I'm working on a Mac Pro or iMac. Your adapter card sure looks like the one I bought from Amazon, but I can't tell for sure by the picture. Please note that I am not using the USB power cable as it is not need on the H97N.

Make sure:
  • The iMac WiFi/BT card is seated firmly in the adapter card,
  • The adapter card is firmly seated in the motherboard miniPCIe slot, and
  • The antenna leads are firmly seated in the iMac WiFi/BT card's antenna clips.
After I had pushed the antenna leads into the snap links, if I didn't hear a "snap," I took a needle nose pilers to the antenna clip and card clip and applied minimal pressure to assure the antenna lead was firmly seated.

Are you using the same motherboard? If not, make sure the slot you are installing the iMac WiFi/BT card and adapter card is a miniPCIe slot and not an M.2 or mSATA slot.

My iMac WiFi/BT card and adapter card work so well that, when I running the system, I think I'm working on a Mac Pro or iMac. Your adapter card sure looks like the one I bought from Amazon, but I can't tell for sure by the picture. Please note that I am not using the USB power cable as it is not need on the H97N.

Make sure:
  • The iMac WiFi/BT card is seated firmly in the adapter card,
  • The adapter card is firmly seated in the motherboard miniPCIe slot, and
  • The antenna leads are firmly seated in the iMac WiFi/BT card's antenna clips.
After I had pushed the antenna leads into the snap links, if I didn't hear a "snap," I took a needle nose pilers to the antenna clip and card clip and applied minimal pressure to assure the antenna lead was firmly seated.

Are you using the same motherboard? If not, make sure the slot you are installing the iMac WiFi/BT card and adapter card is a miniPCIe slot and not an M.2 or mSATA slot.

Dear Stork,
mini pcie adapter of mine same your adapter so I'm sure my adapter is mini Pci-e, but I dont have enough 4 antennas, only 2 antenna were plugged in wifi card.
Need 4 antennas plugged for wifi card working?
would you please check your wireless card for me compare with my card?
Ex: my card show (14E4,4360) in DPCIManager.
Thank you!

Dear Stork,
mini pcie adapter of mine same your adapter so I'm sure my adapter is mini Pci-e, but I dont have enough 4 antennas, only 2 antenna were plugged in wifi card.
Need 4 antennas plugged for wife card working?
would you please check your wireless card for me compare with my card?
Ex: my card show (14E4,4360) in DPCIManager.
Thank you!
The number of antennas is definitely a factor. You just need one for the Bluetooth, but will need two to four for the WiFi to work correctly. I have a temporary four antenna setup as you can see in the pictures in Post #37. However, as I said in that post, I'm going to move the components out of the Prodigy case into a spare regular type case that has more PCI access covers and add one of my old PCIe card's PCI vertical plate with two antenna holes to mount the additional two antennas with 12" antenna lead wires.

Here's a screen snapshot of the DPCIManager PCI list.

133899-dpcimanger-pci-list-hector.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back