Contribute
Register

Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 & GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 Two Monitors

ok quick question my build is almost the same, z97n, 4690k, ballistix sport 8gb, i dont need the wifi only BT so I was going to stay with the gigabyte card. but i cant see it, in system report, or system pref. please help, everything else is great. i thought it works OOB? thanks in advance!

Gigabyte's Intel WiFi/BT card doesn't work with Apple's OS X, and a lot has been written in posts here about it. The WiFi portion of the combo card uses an Intel chip which is not supported by Apple's OS X. There's never been a driver for the Intel WiFi. So, I replaced mine.

BT was recognized, but erratic. Now that I've the iMac WiFi/BT card & adapter, WiFi and BT4 work great with continuity/handoff working, too. It also sleep/wake-up without problems much better. However, audio doesn't work after wake-up so I use shilohh's LoadHDA app to restart the sound.

Hi Stork, many thanks for the guide, well written! I am currently using the same build as you with the same gfx card (gigabyte gtx 750). However just curious if you end up getting sleep/wake to work with yosemite 10.10.2? It works with shot sleep/wake, but when its unattended for a 20mins or so, it won't wake up?

Is there a solution to this fix?

Thanks again

Yes, sleep/wake-up works just like a Mac. Make sure you have your BIOS configured like I noted in Post #1 and my guide. I removed the Gigabyte WiFi/BT card and replaced it with the iMac WiFi/BT card & adapter card; since then, all the little PITA problems when away. :thumbup:

Yes, sleep/wake-up works just like a Mac. Make sure you have your BIOS configured like I noted in Post #1 and my guide. I removed the Gigabyte WiFi/BT card and replaced it with the iMac WiFi/BT card & adapter card; since then, all the little PITA problems when away. :thumbup:

Fantastic! Just a question, did you also purchase a bluetooth antenna cable/wifi cable for the WiFi/BT card?

Also no luck getting sleep/wake to work. :thumbdown: I am practically using the same bios settings as you, but my bios revision is F6. However I cant find this 'M.I.T. > Advanced Memory Settings > X.M.P. > Profile 1 for memory not recognized with the Default setting;' with the latest bios rev F6.

Could it be the USB wireless adapter thats causing the issue? I am using a Netgear
3100M

Fantastic! Just a question, did you also purchase a bluetooth antenna cable/wifi cable for the WiFi/BT card?...
See my signature block for how I installed the iMac WiFi/BT card and adapter in Hector. It's not elegant, but I'm going to move Hector to another case soon to get another PCI back panel slot to mount the remaining two antennas instead of the location they are now in.

...Also no luck getting sleep/wake to work. :thumbdown: I am practically using the same bios settings as you, but my bios revision is F6. However I cant find this 'M.I.T. > Advanced Memory Settings > X.M.P. > Profile 1 for memory not recognized with the Default setting;' with the latest bios rev F6.

Could it be the USB wireless adapter thats causing the issue? I am using a Netgear
3100M
I didn't know that F6 was out. I've now installed it. Thanks for letting me know F6 was published.

The M.I.T. is the first page you see when you enter the BIOS. Advanced Memory Settings is the 2nd menu choice on that BIOS page. You do have a Gigabyte H/Z97N WiFi motherboard, right?

I'd remove the Netgear USB Wireless adapter for now and use Ethernet until you can get a compatible Wireless device/card. From what I can see on Netgear's website, the USB dongle is not supported by Apple's OS X. The chipset is the Realtek RTL8192CU, and I haven't seen support for that chipset in the hackintosh community. (That doesn't mean it doesn't exist; it just means that I haven't run across a driver for OS X.)

See my signature block for how I installed the iMac WiFi/BT card and adapter in Hector. It's not elegant, but I'm going to move Hector to another case soon to get another PCI back panel slot to mount the remaining two antennas instead of the location they are now in.

I didn't know that F6 was out. I've now installed it. Thanks for letting me know F6 was published.

The M.I.T. is the first page you see when you enter the BIOS. Advanced Memory Settings is the 2nd menu choice on that BIOS page. You do have a Gigabyte H/Z97N WiFi motherboard, right?

I'd remove the Netgear USB Wireless adapter for now and use Ethernet until you can get a compatible Wireless device/card. From what I can see on Netgear's website, the USB dongle is not supported by Apple's OS X. The chipset is the Realtek RTL8192CU, and I haven't seen support for that chipset in the hackintosh community. (That doesn't mean it doesn't exist; it just means that I haven't run across a driver for OS X.)

I've eliminated the sleep/wake issue, turned out to the wireless adapter and yes I am using the RTL8192CU drivers.

However I still cant locate M.I.T through BIOS to change profile, not sure if my memory supports M.I.T.

Anyway I don't think its a big issue, everything seems to be working fine at the moment now that I know the cause of the sleep/wake is from the netgear wireless adapter, I will look toward buying a iMac wireless/bt card..

I also have only 2 PCI slots in my case, I will find a way to neat things up and do a bit of tweaking. How many antenna cables would I need? Just the two or three?

The Apple WiFi/BT card works straight out without no configuring I presume?

Thanks Storks!

Stork, were you ever able to enable HDMI audio under Yosemite? I'm curious because I looked at this http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/143760-audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html thread and I'm having trouble following it.

I know we didn't use DSDT, so does that mean that I would need to follow only the bootloader part of the guide?

Are you able to get HDMI audio working?

Anyway, thanks for this awesome guide. Got my system working except wifi/bt. Waiting for my BCM94352 half PCI-e to arrive from China to get this 100% going, baring HDMI Audio though.

Are you able to get HDMI audio working?

Anyway, thanks for this awesome guide. Got my system working except wifi/bt. Waiting for my BCM94352 half PCI-e to arrive from China to get this 100% going, baring HDMI Audio though.
I didn't try HDMI audio since I have a separate 5.1 speaker system. However, I refer you to the Post Installation > Audio > HDMI Audio forum section: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/

I didn't try HDMI audio since I have a separate 5.1 speaker system. However, I refer you to the Post Installation > Audio > HDMI Audio forum section: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/

Read through the guide and guess just had to choose between DSDT or SSDT. Gonna Frankenstein my box with a little DSDT to get the HDMI audio running. Will report back how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back