Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 3542 + Clover Bootloader
CPU
Intel Core i7-4510U + Intel Haswell-ULT
Graphics
GTX Geforce 840M, Intel HD 4400 + 1366 x 768
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey All , I have a Dual Boot (Windows + Mac EL Capitan) dell laptop 3542 i7, i use to have a Patched DSDT , Boot args for booting into my mac partition. Recently by mistake i updated the Dell BIOS version, which caused a problem into Booting so i downgraded it again and i reinstalled Windows 10 in windows partition.

But from then i am unable to boot into mac from my usual DSDT and Boot args. I am getting a blurred error "still waiting for root device" while booting into mac.

I have already downgraded the BIOS to its old version. I think there is problem with the DSDT and the config.plist.

I am attaching my EFI folder which has all DSDT and SSDT in "origin" folder . It also has the Config.plist file.

Please help me out friends as i don't have the access to mac i can't patch according to the latest DSDT as well as according to the new disks partitions.

Please Please help me out !!
Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    35.5 MB · Views: 180
For more information I am getting the "still waiting for root device" error just after this.

I am attaching these two pictures to depict and understand the actual problem.

Attachments

• IMG_20200726_183856.jpg
    IMG_20200726_183856.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20200726_184032.jpg
    IMG_20200726_184032.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 65
Please help me Guys !! Is here someone who can help me out. As i have most of my important data and stuffs on my mac partition.

Please help me Guys !! Is here someone who can help me out. As i have most of my important data and stuffs on my mac partition.
what happens when you boot using your usb installer?

From USB installer i use the same EFI folder as i have in my EFI Partition. I don't have access to my mac.

From USB installer i use the same EFI folder as i have in my EFI Partition. I don't have access to my mac.
maybe try with sata-unsupported.kext

Where i can find this kext ?

And do i need to keep other kexts as well as do i need to change Config.plist as i dont have access to clover configurator i can't do so.

Is it related to the disk partition size changes because i reinstalled windows in a partition but never changed anything towards mac partition.

May you please look the EFI partition attached and check in the kexts and config also the ACPI origin.

No it didn't worked I am attaching picture below please look. View attachment 481912
as you have a Dell laptop (you need to update your hardware profile with make and model before your next post please)

you should be enabling this in your config.plist:
Code:
<key>DellSMBIOSPatch</key>
        <false/>

how long does it stay on that screen for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back