EVGA GeForce 750TI
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This very well could be a steam issue but it's coincidental that it happened RIGHT after my Elcapitan update. Came to elcapitan from Yosemite on Clover. Update went pretty smooth. Installed the new clover and famesmc. Did the update, re-enable SIP and installed the new audio kext for AC1150. It looked like i was back up and running. Installed on a GA-Z97X-UD3h-BK.

Internet works fine but when trying to install a game on steam it says there's a connection issue and it's timed out. I cleared the steam cache, changed my location preference in steam and made sure the ethernet was on en0 and so now I'm at a loss.

Anyone have any ideas?

Please put your specific motherboard model, CPU model, and GPU model into the system configuration area on the left, and/or your signature. It's hard to give you good advice without having that information on hand on every post.

Sorry! My mistake. I've added all that info to the left. Any help is greatly appreciated!

This very well could be a steam issue but it's coincidental that it happened RIGHT after my Elcapitan update. Came to elcapitan from Yosemite on Clover. Update went pretty smooth. Installed the new clover and famesmc. Did the update, re-enable SIP and installed the new audio kext for AC1150. It looked like i was back up and running. Installed on a GA-Z97X-UD3h-BK.

Internet works fine but when trying to install a game on steam it says there's a connection issue and it's timed out. I cleared the steam cache, changed my location preference in steam and made sure the ethernet was on en0 and so now I'm at a loss.

Anyone have any ideas?

Im using Steam in OS X works fine. Remove Your Ethernet from Network in System Preferences. Head over to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ And delete following. NetworkInterfaces.plist also preferences.plist. Reboot. Ethernet should now been seen as en0.

Im using Steam in OS X works fine. Remove Your Ethernet from Network in System Preferences. Head over to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ And delete following. NetworkInterfaces.plist also preferences.plist. Reboot. Ethernet should now been seen as en0.

It was En0 before but I took your advice and still no dice :/ . I'm starting to wonder if it's a permissions issue? It hangs at create local game content and never actually downloads anything? And every OTHER task involved with networking works, I can even update the steam client itself. It's just games that won't install.

Any other ideas?

It was En0 before but I took your advice and still no dice :/ . I'm starting to wonder if it's a permissions issue? It hangs at create local game content and never actually downloads anything? And every OTHER task involved with networking works, I can even update the steam client itself. It's just games that won't install.

Any other ideas?

Try changing Location. i.e Try a storage drive or maybe an external drive.

Try changing Location. i.e Try a storage drive or maybe an external drive.
No Dice either, I've made sure my admin account has permissions on all the folders i can think of. I'm at my wits end here. I'm contemplating a complete reinstall of my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back