Contribute
Register

Static noise develops, sound volume diminishes, and audio stops working? GA-Z77-DS3H Multibeast 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same issue on my GA Z77X-UP5TH since updating to 10.8.5. This issue only affects Chrome and flash playback, this is an issue with Chrome / 10.8.5 / flash, not the hackintosh as there are many people here that have complained of the same issue since the update:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/8dmv8Gjc7P0[1-25-false]

Nothing to do but sit back and wait until Google or Apple fix the issue. I tried switching to Chrome Canary but it make no difference, so switching back to Safari or Firefox for flash vids until the issue is fixed.

Thanks I did that. Flash plugin behaves more "mac like" with the smooth transition to full screen over the native chrome flash, so all the better for that. :) However, I just tested it (disable native client and reboot chrome), and while the full screen zoom-effect confirms adobe plugin, it still developed a static over time. Since it's now apparently not a hackintosh problem, I'm not too concerned with that. :)

I have the same issue on my GA Z77X-UP5TH since updating to 10.8.5. This issue only affects Chrome and flash playback, this is an issue with Chrome / 10.8.5 / flash, not the hackintosh as there are many people here that have complained of the same issue since the update:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/8dmv8Gjc7P0[1-25-false]

Nothing to do but sit back and wait until Google or Apple fix the issue. I tried switching to Chrome Canary but it make no difference, so switching back to Safari or Firefox for flash vids until the issue is fixed.

Thanks for the heads up. That surely puts me at ease since it's my first Hackintosh build, and this is the last nagging problem that's working up my OCD to no end. I'm happy that the system is finally complete, and I'm grateful to this forum for all the help.

Very good to know it's not a hackintosh problem

Is anyone still having this problem in chrome. I was watching a flash video today and was getting the static again. I did disable the built in flash as well.

Is anyone still having this problem in chrome. I was watching a flash video today and was getting the static again. I did disable the built in flash as well.
Yes. I get it intermittently. Sometimes it'll do it after 5 minutes, other times an hour long flash video can play without problems.

Chrome just had an update too (with the apps button in the bookmarks bar). Alas it didn't fix the problem. It doesn't seem to be flash, but Chrome that's causing this. You don't really need to play flash video. You just have to play anything audio (including itunes) and with Chrome running. So there's something with Chrome that doesn't sit right with the audio of OSX 10.8.5. I read somewhere that this has been reported? Or at least I hope it has.

I have the same issue on a rampage extreme iv. Good audio for a while then all of a sudden crackling develops. Tried replacing the built in flash player in chrome no luck...The lack of usable sound is killing me!

I have the same problem. But I first heard it in VLC. Now it happened in Chrome playing a Youtube movie.

If I pause for a few seconds then the audio is fine for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back