Contribute
Register

start hackintosh from hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
HD 5500
please I want to start hackintosh from hard drive I replaced the EFI file of the hard drive and put the EFI for the USB but unfortunately I lost windows I repeated the process 3 times I do not know why I lost windows please how I can replace the hard drive EFI without losing windows

See the 'Sticky' guides in the Multi Booting forum.
I did sir but many answers I do not know the correct answer my problem in simple words I can not boot hackintosh without USB and if I replaced the EFI using clover configuration I will lose windows

I did sir but many answers I do not know the correct answer my problem in simple words I can not boot hackintosh without USB and if I replaced the EFI using clover configuration I will lose windows

Hi there.

Was your Windows installation on a separate drive, or the same one you have macOS on?

:)

Hi there.

Was your Windows installation on a separate drive, or the same one you have macOS on?

I have 2 TB SSD I diveded 70 GB for mac , 300 Gb for and I install windows on it the reset amount is for D

I have 2 TB SSD I diveded 70 GB for mac , 300 Gb for and I install windows on it the reset amount is for D

That is probably why you have a problem.

If you just replace the existing EFI folder with the one from the USB UniBeast installer you will loose all the Windows boot files (assuming you installed the UEFI version of Windows).

Windows will still be installed but not bootable.

Get more guidance from the link @P1LGRIM posted for you earlier.

That is probably why you have a problem.

If you just replace the existing EFI folder with the one from the USB UniBeast installer you will loose all the Windows boot files (assuming you installed the UEFI version of Windows).

Windows will still be installed but not bootable.

Get more guidance from the link @P1LGRIM posted for you earlier.

what is the solution please

what is the solution please

As I, and @P1LGRIM suggested, please read the guidance.

If you are unable to do that, then you will need to:

1) replace the EFI folder you copied onto your main 2TB SSD with the original that did boot Windows okay.

2) once you have done that mount the EFI partitions on both the UniBeast USB and the SSD, then copy across from UniBeast to the SSD ONLY the Clover EFI sections. Do not disturb the Windows folders.

3) Reboot and test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back