Contribute
Register

SSDT GPU (Graphics Card) Injection

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Naming GPUs GFX1 is a trick that only works with MacPro6,1. Sorry. I'll make an explicit note in the OP.
Thanks!

After switching to Pro 6,1 all the patches from SSDT seems to work. Have no idea if the multi monitor problem is still there, will test later back to home.

Again, thank you for the tutorial, now I can get rid of the AGDP fix and no need to patch it in the future update!

Attachments

• config.plist
    18.3 KB · Views: 120
  • SSDT-1.dsl
    8.2 KB · Views: 167
  • aa.png
    aa.png
    285.4 KB · Views: 146
I installed macOS Sierra 10.12.4 on Asus k43sj.
I followed this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/ to enable web driver.
I patched a SSDT-1.aml file. In my "About this Mac", although, it shows my graphic is NVIDIA Geforce GT520m 1024MB but I still get "Black screen" issue when boot.
Thank you.

I got samo problem you have 2 answer.
1. Wen starting go loading apple logo just close monitor and waiting 30 sec to load desktop and open monitor and after that you will not have any problem exept HDMI ( not work ).
2. change SMBIOS to imac 13.1 or 13.2 and after that everything will work fine + HDMI too.
but then you maybe will have problem with CPU power manager if your CPU is not Ivy-bridge

Aslo you should delete nvidia web drivers !!!

1. Wen starting go loading apple logo just close monitor and waiting 30 sec to load desktop and open monitor and after that you will not have any problem exept HDMI ( not work ).
2. change SMBIOS to imac 13.1 or 13.2 and after that everything will work fine + HDMI too.
but then you maybe will have problem with CPU power manager if your CPU is not Ivy-bridge

I changed my SMBIOS to iMac 13.1. It seems web driver was loaded and log in screen is appear. But it freezes after I enter password. I got the same issue when try to install 2 Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext as this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

wow, thanks for this trick. It goes to login screen but I can not enter password.

Guys, can anyone help me? I have two 980ti gpus and the system doesnt boot to desktop with the second gpu attached (only with nv_disable=1). Under windows both gpu working perfectly in SLI. So, I tried to patch the two ssdts one for each gpu but still cant boot and I see in ioreg that it didnt changed to GFX1. I am attaching the screenshots. I am a bit confused also because mine has an additional branch named H000 and D080 for the first and second gpu. Do I need to use these or the BR2A / BR3A ?
Also I cant find the BR2A or BR3A on my dsdt but I can find the H000 for example.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 06.50.28.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 06.50.28.png
    211.2 KB · Views: 160
  • DSDT.aml
    216.8 KB · Views: 165
Apparently did the whole process but i still can't manage to get it working...

Black screen still appears after apple logo....

Could someone help me?

Is this guide useful for Pascal Drivers (and Nvidia 1080)? Does it matters which driver is using the system?

I have ATI 7870 + Nvidia 1080 setup.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back