Contribute
Register

SSDT GPU (Graphics Card) Injection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems no one is answering my question, I'll just ask again, in an easier way...

Does this method work on 17,1 SMBIOS?

This is how my IOReg looks like now
siDg4Hf.jpg

And this is how my original DSDT looks like, since it's listed as "Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)" I moved to step 3a and replace both "_SB.PCI0.NPE3" with "_SB.PCI0.PEG0".

So I have my SSDT like this, and also patched HDMI and boot logo. However, it did enable audio from both HDMI and DisplayPort for me but didn't fix with either black screen or boot screen.
iGBjlc5.jpg

So currently I'm using 17,1 SMBIOS with 14,2 board ID, Lilu.kext+NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext does work but I just prefer not to have too much kexts in my Clover. Did I do anything wrong in my process? Please point it out if you know where, thanks!!

P.S. Do anyone having following issue as well? I have 3 monitors plugged in my 980ti, DP、HDMI、DVI, sometimes all monitors would boot into black screen. But if I set my DP port monitor to receive from HDMI first and wait till other two fully turned on then switch back to DP, it will work 100% everytime. I just updated from 10.11 few days ago and never got this issue before, would be great to solve this as well!!

Last edited:
Seems no one is answering my question, I'll just ask again, in a easier way...

Does this method work on 17,1 SMBIOS?

This is how my IOReg looks like now
siDg4Hf.jpg

And this is how my original DSDT looks like, since it's listed as "Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)" I moved to step 3a and replace both "_SB.PCI0.NPE3" with "_SB.PCI0.PEG0".

So I have my SSDT like this, and also patched HDMI and boot logo. However, it did enable audio from both HDMI and DisplayPort for me but didn't fix with either black screen or boot screen.
iGBjlc5.jpg

So currently I'm using 17,1 SMBIOS with 14,2 board ID, Lilu.kext+NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext does work but I just prefer not to have too much kexts in my Clover. Did I do anything wrong in my process? Please point it out if you know where, thanks!!

P.S. Do anyone having following issue as well? I have 3 monitors plugged in my 980ti, DP、HDMI、DVI, sometimes all monitors would boot into black screen. But if I set my DP port monitor to receive from HDMI first and wait till other two fully turned on then switch back to DP, it will work 100% everytime. I just updated from 10.11 few days ago and never got this issue before, would be great to solve this as well!!
No. Naming GPUs GFX1 is a trick that only works with MacPro6,1. Sorry. I'll make an explicit note in the OP.

Alright. No change, still no MST/5K. See attached files for verification that my GPUs are now named according to MacPro5,1 requirements and are called Slot-1 and Slot-2 in system report.

Incidentally, this is the result of nvram -p in Terminal. Note that spanmodepolicy isn't showing up even though it is present in my config.plist as you have previously verified. I do not have SIP on. Is there some trick to getting spanmodepolicy to be in nvram on Sierra? I have a feeling that might be an issue.

Code:
Bens-Hackintosh-Beast:~ ben$ nvram -p
fakesmc-key-BEMB-flag    %00
fakesmc-key-RPlt-ch8*    k5%00%00%00%00%00%00
fakesmc-key-RBr -ch8*    k5%00%00%00%00%00%00
EFILoginHiDPI    %00%00%00%00
fakesmc-key-#KEY-ui32    %00%00%00%00
fakesmc-key-BATP-flag    %00
EmuVariableUefiPresent    Yes
fakesmc-key-MSTc-ui8    %00
prev-lang:kbd    en:0
EFIBluetoothDelay    %b8%0b
LocationServicesEnabled    %01
fakesmc-key-BNum-ui8    %00
security-mode    none
csr-active-config    g%00%00%00
fakesmc-key-$Num-ui8    %01
fakesmc-key-MSFW-ui8    %01%00
fakesmc-key-REV -ch8*    %019%0f%00%00%11
fakesmc-key-MSPS-ui16    %00%03
fmm-computer-name    Ben's Hackintosh Beast
bootercfg    (%00
fakesmc-key-$Adr-ui32    %00%00%03%00
fakesmc-key-EPCI-ui32    %02%c0%07%00
bluetoothActiveControllerInfo    %8d%82%ac%05%00%00%000%12%1d%b8%09%8a%c4I
nvda_drv    1%00
fakesmc-key-MSAc-ui16    %00%00
fakesmc-key-MSLD-ui8    %00
fakesmc-key-RMde-char    A
specialbootdevice    %02%01%0c%00%d0A%03%0a%00%00%00%00%01%01%06%00%00%1c%01%01%06%00%00%00%03%01%08%00%00%01%00%00%04%01*%00%02%00%00%00(@%06%00%00%00%00%00@%ceRt%00%00%00%00%88%f8%f5%caz%c8%c6D%89%e4K%a8%97/%d9%cc%02%02%7f%ff%04%00
flagstate    %00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00
bluetoothInternalControllerInfo    %8d%82%ac%05%000%12%1d%b8%09%8a%c4I
fakesmc-key-MSWr-ui8    %00
Do you have functioning NVRAM or emulated NVRAM? OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi gives me native NVRAM without EmuVarableUefi-64 or Install RC Scripts on my Asus X79 boards. If so, have you tried
Code:
sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1 nv_spanmodepolicy=1"
in terminal?

Also, do you have any edits for HDMI audio in your patched DSDT?

Last edited:
This are the drivers I have installed, inc the one you mentioned.
I had tried "sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1 nv_spanmodepolicy=1"" in the past and it gave an error, but I tried again just now and it didn't.
I haven't done a patched DSDT, just your SSDTs for GPU and my custom made ones for USB. Oh and the one from Multibeast for Sandybridge.
Now that I got the nvram terminal command to work, I'll reboot and report back.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 1.49.21 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 1.49.21 PM.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 111
Rebooted and no change. Back to no 5K. But checking nvram -p again shows that the spanmodepolicy is not sticking in nvram

I took out EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and now when i reboot the boot-args stay in nvram. But I'm still not getting 5K!! Man, I really thought that was gonna be it!

I've also tried switching BIOS to Windows 8 and turning off CSM there, and then switching back to Other OS and no other options show up. Running under Windows 8 caused the screens not to show up after boot, but going back to Other OS worked just as before. I almost thought I was on to something as CSM issues have long been said to need to be off in order to make things like '4K' work or the nvidia drivers to load properly etc. But nooooooo.

I just do not get it. My boot-args are now sticking in nvram, my Mac is MacPro5,1 with the appropriate board-id.... Just don't know what else to do now.

Ok this is interesting. Now that nv_spanmodepolicy=1 is set properly in NVRAM..... I can now get the info.plist from AGDP to act like other people's have been reported to act.

Note: I now have MacPro5,1 with the REAL board-id in clover

So... if I REMOVE the board-id from info.plist, it will now run the HP as a 5K display, BUT it will disable the 2nd GPU. So again, no better off. Same issue essentially as when I was running Macmini. This is why people have said in the past that for them, the solution was just removing the board-id from info.plist. spanmodepolicy kicked in, and they were able to enable 5K/MST from their single GPU and they were good to go.

If I don't remove board-id and keep it at 'none' then I get both GPUs, but no 5K/MST. This is why some people get success with the AGDPfix kext and some don't, depending on what their outcome is and what sys def they are using.

If I don't remove board-id but change it from none to Config1 and then change Config1 to:

Code:
<key>Config1</key>
            <dict>
                <key>PXS1</key>
                <dict>
                    <key>unload</key>
                    <false/>
                </dict>
                <key>PXS2</key>
                <dict>
                    <key>unload</key>
                    <false/>
                </dict>
            </dict>

Now I get the SAME as if I had deleted the board-id altogether. Which is NEW. I've NEVER been able to get MST/5K to work WITH A VALID BOARD-ID THAT IS ALSO IN INFO.PLIST!!!! Yes, that means 5K/MST CAN be forced to work by using valid board-ids and the info.plist still having the board-id. But you have to have something for Config1.

So now I just need to figure out how to make Config1 turn on the 2nd GPU. I thought the above might do it, but no. Note for anyone else reading this, the only reason I have PXS1/2 in the above Config is because I have already renamed my GPUs to be called that, according to stock MacPro5,1 as per shilohh's recommendation. If your system is calling them GFX0 or 1 or whatever, try that.

My next step is to try to rename both GPUs GFX1 again, and change Config1 to GFX1 unload false.

See how I go...

Well none of that worked. Everything was the same result or black screen. Stumped again :/

Well none of that worked. Everything was the same result or black screen. Stumped again :/
sorry man. without hardware to test with, I dont think I can be of help at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back