CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm using an m.2 PCIe x4 (Kingston HyperX Predator) and it works fine. BlackMagic reports 640MB/s write and 1240MB/s read.

Edit: that said, I've heard mixed signals about NVMe drives (like the one you linked to) in OS X. The most recent I read was that it was seen by Clover but not OS X. Mine is an AHCI drive.

Anyone using this?

M2-Speed Test.jpg

I have El Capitan working with my M.2 Samsung 500GB SSD (using a PCIE adapter w/ heatsink).

Having issues with the MLB/ROM and getting MAC App Store to work -- but everything else works great.

Attachments

• BlackMagicM.2SSD.jpg
    BlackMagicM.2SSD.jpg
    720.3 KB · Views: 214
So I'm confused if these use only one SSD or if people are using these for RAID boot with two SSDs?

So I'm confused if these use only one SSD or if people are using these for RAID boot with two SSDs?
Its one SSD and about 4 times faster than SATA SSD's.

Yes, I've now been able to use an NVMe drive (Samsung 950 Pro) as a boot drive on several 170 boards and the NUC. The final speed depends a bit on the board; while still faster than virtually any other drive, it was a bit bandwidth-limited in the Broadwell NUC.

Yes, I've now been able to use an NVMe drive (Samsung 950 Pro) as a boot drive on several 170 boards and the NUC. The final speed depends a bit on the board; while still faster than virtually any other drive, it was a bit bandwidth-limited in the Broadwell NUC.

If your using pcie 3.0 adapter you will get full speed. I wouldn't recommend using the motherboard m.2 slot. Most are limited even on x99. See this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back