CPU
i5-3470
Graphics
GT 610
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello dear members of this fantastic forum.I have a hackintosh with an HDD and i want to update it with SSD.Can you please tell me if the following SSDs will be compatible with my build?If noone of them will be compatible can you please suggest me an SSD?

SSDs i am looking to buy:
Kingston A400 480GB
Sandisk SSD Plus 480GB

My build:
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
RAM: Corsair 8GB DDR3 XMS3 Vengeance PC3-12800 1600MHZ CL9 (2X4GB) cmx8gx3m2a1600c9
CPU: Intel® Core i5-3470 Processor
COOLERMASTER ELITE POWER 460W
SEAGATE ST1000DM003

Last edited:
Either SSD should work, no problem. Connect it with a Sata3 cable to the Sata0 connector on your board.

Either SSD should work, no problem. Connect it with a Sata3 cable to the Sata0 connector on your board.

Thank you trs96 for your quick reply.Do i have to check any box in Multibeast?Also could i make my hdd a secondary hard drive just to save my data?

Thank you trs96 for your quick reply.Do i have to check any box in Multibeast?Also could i make my hdd a secondary hard drive just to save my data?
The only selection in MB might be 3rd party sata if you have a Non-Intel sata controller. Yes you can use an HDD for data storage.

The only selection in MB might be 3rd party sata if you have a Non-Intel sata controller. Yes you can use an HDD for data storage.

Since i am noob can you please explain me how can i check if i have a Non-Intel sata controller? #stupidquestionIknow

Since i am noob can you please explain me how can i check if i have a Non-Intel sata controller? #stupidquestionIknow
Read your motherboard's manual. If you don't have a paper copy, find it with a Google search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back