EVGA GTX 680
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This usually happens when I'm using Chrome, but once it happens in Chrome once it will happen in all other applications until I restart the computer.

I'll be using any browser totally fine for an hour, sometimes less, and it will randomly give me the spinning ball. I have to force quit the application but once I've gotten the spinning ball once, it will happen every time I open up any application after until I restart my computer. Suuuper weird, never seen something like it. It sometimes takes one or two restarts to resolve the issue, but it will always end up happening.

Thoughts?

This usually happens when I'm using Chrome, but once it happens in Chrome once it will happen in all other applications until I restart the computer.

I'll be using any browser totally fine for an hour, sometimes less, and it will randomly give me the spinning ball. I have to force quit the application but once I've gotten the spinning ball once, it will happen every time I open up any application after until I restart my computer. Suuuper weird, never seen something like it. It sometimes takes one or two restarts to resolve the issue, but it will always end up happening.

Thoughts?

There were a lot of similar problems relating to Chrome when Yosemite was first released.
The solution back then was to not use Chrome but after later releases of Yosemite and Chrome the reports tailed off.

Look in the Console for error messages (possibly relating to Chrome).

Try upgrading Chrome and Yosemite, if that doesn't work try uninstalling Chrome and see if that has an effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back