Aorus Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Specific Apple ID won't work with iMessage on 10.9 [SOLVED]

Since some point in 10.8, I have been unable to log in to my iMessage account on my hackintosh (which is a Gigabyte z77x-up5 th with an i7 3770K, using onboard ethernet). When I upgraded to 10.9, I expected my issue to be solved, since I did a completely clean install. However whenever I try to login to iMessage, a popup says "An error occurred during activation. Try again." Sometimes it will get past the login screen and show the configs for my account, such as caller ID and etc., but most times it just gets stuck at the user and password screen.

What really bothers me is that I have another Apple ID (on the US store, I'm brazilian), that I eventually use, and I can normally log into iMessage through it. I also can use iMessage normally on my iPhone 4S and my Macbook White late 2009. Also, everything apart from iMessage works (FaceTime, App Store, iTunes Store, iCloud and so on).

I've tried everything on this post here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292526-everything-logs-in-and-works-except-imessage/, which seemed to solve many people's problems, and got no success. I also, some time ago, tried some other solutions but none of them helped.

Did anybody come across a similar problem? I don't know if it is possible, but if this is actually possible, I think that Apple could have blocked my hardware, since I have went through various installations with different serial numbers.

Thanks in advance

Since some point in 10.8, I have been unable to log in to my iMessage account on my hackintosh (which is a Gigabyte z77x-up5 th with an i7 3770K, using onboard ethernet). When I upgraded to 10.9, I expected my issue to be solved, since I did a completely clean install. However whenever I try to login to iMessage, a popup says "An error occurred during activation. Try again." Sometimes it will get past the login screen and show the configs for my account, such as caller ID and etc., but most times it just gets stuck at the user and password screen.

What really bothers me is that I have another Apple ID (on the US store, I'm brazilian), that I eventually use, and I can normally log into iMessage through it. I also can use iMessage normally on my iPhone 4S and my Macbook White late 2009. Also, everything apart from iMessage works (FaceTime, App Store, iTunes Store, iCloud and so on).

I've tried everything on this post here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292526-everything-logs-in-and-works-except-imessage/, which seemed to solve many people's problems, and got no success. I also, some time ago, tried some other solutions but none of them helped.

Did anybody come across a similar problem? I don't know if it is possible, but if this is actually possible, I think that Apple could have blocked my hardware, since I have went through various installations with different serial numbers.

Thanks in advance

Did you try changing your appleid password?

Yes, but no success

IT WORKED! Thank you so much.
I was skeptical at first, because it's similar to something I had already done, but this time, for some reason it worked. I followed every step carefully.

Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back