Contribute
Register

Sony VAIO VPCCB15FG (CB15) series Hackintosh progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

After 3 days of hard work, today I got Lion(10.7.2) working on my Sony Vaio VPCCB35FN. The only thing doesn't work is WiFi(Atheros AR9485). Tried the IO80211Family.kext from kext.com and didn't worked. Anyone has got this working? Please help me. Also my Radion Graphics card is not working but the Intel HD 3000 is working fully:D

Thanks,
Sudhish.

Hey did anyone of you gotten the PCI configuration begin freeze up?
if so can you tell me how you did it?
i used
cpus=2 busratio=16 -v USBBusFix=yes GraphicsEnabler=no
bootflag

sudhishkv said:
Hi All,

After 3 days of hard work, today I got Lion(10.7.2) working on my Sony Vaio VPCCB35FN. The only thing doesn't work is WiFi(Atheros AR9485). Tried the IO80211Family.kext from kext.com and didn't worked. Anyone has got this working? Please help me. Also my Radion Graphics card is not working but the Intel HD 3000 is working fully:D

Thanks,
Sudhish.

The kext works for me. Try the attached one.

Attachments

• kexts.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 235
pauldmps said:
sudhishkv said:
Hi All,

Thanks,
Sudhish.

The kext works for me. Try the attached one.

This is for the VPCCB15FN but i am having VPCCB35FN. This kext will work with AR9285 not with AR9485. Thanks anyway :)

Articlaus said:
Hey did anyone of you gotten the PCI configuration begin freeze up?
if so can you tell me how you did it?
i used
cpus=2 busratio=16 -v USBBusFix=yes GraphicsEnabler=no
bootflag
try to put this (EvilIOPCIFamily) kext into ur Extra\Extensions folder(After extracting) if installed or make an bootable pendrive with chameleon try insanely mac for process
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofive ... 676-0.html

Attachments

• EvilIOPCIFamily.kext.zip
    483.9 KB · Views: 120
Hi,

I am using a Sony VAIO as well.

These are my specification:
- Intel i5-520m
- ATI Radeon 5650M
- 4GB Ram

I tried using Unibeast to install. However I cannot get to the installer screen. It stuck at "Still waiting for root device". I have searched for solutions but not able to find one which fix this problem. I have tried adding "PCIRootUID=0 -x -v" to boot flags but it does not work.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Hi guys :D
I'm running Lion 10.7.2 on my VPC-CB15FF laptop which is almost the same as other VPCCB versions except with slight differences in Atheros and cores (i5 or i7).Now everything works just fine, but the battery runs out of power quickly (about one hour 20 mms) Is there anything included with Lion that helps the battery do better, or any app that may serve the purpose.
By the way, I noticed that when I make the display run with 1920 x 1080 the heat increases and when on 1280 x 720 the heat decreases reasonably. For this purpose I found a small useful app on the web which controls fans: smcFanControl, I'm testing it right now.

Additional problems: Sleep doesn't work. When I click Sleep the pc shutdown.
About this Mac doesn't work either, but the pc doesn't shut.
Also I'm wondering if anyone could get both graphics cards
(Intel HD 300 and ATI HD 6630M) work like in Win7 (switching
between graphics when playing games).

Things that work: HD 3000 fully working (Lion detected it natively)
Audio (Voodoo)
WIFI (a next from next.com)
Battery (Not yet, maybe voodoo battery, I'm going to give it a try)

Thank you in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back