Graphics
Intel HD 4400, Nvidia GT-820M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Update: Huge success! Intel HD 3000 now fully working. See this post.

I was able to install SL into my SONY VAIO VPCCB15FG. Had to boot installer with GraphicsEnabler=no to prevent hanging at "ATI card POSTed, reading VBIOS from legacy space". But installing the combo update & making hardware work is what is frustrating.

My specs are:

Intel Core i5-2410M
Intel HD 3000/AMD Radeon HD 6630M
4GB DDR3 RAM
Atheros AR9285 Wifi

I installed 10.6.8 combo update & ran Multibeast 3.8 with FakeSMC, FakeSMC plugins, IOUSBFamily Rollback (without this causes KP), NullCPUPowerManagement (again, causes KP without this) & Chimera 1.4.1.

1. Audio - Being detected as Intel HD Audio but I believe it is Realtek ALC269. Hence, sound is garbled. Installing VoodooHDA did not help. Somehow need to disable the AppleHDA. Any tips ?

2. Graphics - Not working, although my GPU's (HD 6630M) ID is listed in the ATI6000Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist. Any help on this ?

3. Wifi - Working after installing IO8011Family.kext.

4. Bluetooth - Working right out-of-the-box.

Another problem is that if I select System Utilities in Multibeast, the installation fails. This is happening everytime.

After installing the 10.6.8 update & running Multibeast with the above options, I cannot boot after Reboot. It shows some GPU-related error & the upper 1/3rd screen becomes hazy with green lines. The system hangs there.

I really cannot understand the problem as both of my GPU's are being detected in System Profiler & even the PNPID of the ATI GPU is present in the ATI6000Controller.kext.

I am downloading the 10.6.7 Combo Update now. Let's see if that works.

Update:

Installed Lion successfully.

1. Updated to 10.6.7 since 10.6.8 does not boot.
2. Followed the xMove guide.
3. Installed FakeSMC kext in the Installer partition to prevent KP.
4. Installed Lion with "GraphicsEnabler=no". Had to use external USB Keyboard mouse for installation as keyboard & trackpad did not work during install.

1. Bluetooth - Working out of the box
2. Inbuilt camera - Working out of the box with Facetime. Not working with some other apps. This is my last priority. Now working with almost all apps after QE/CI was enabled on Intel HD.
3. Audio - Working with VoodooHDA latest version from Multibeast.
4. Wifi - Working with IO80211Family.kext from kexts.com
5. Trackpad & Keyboard - Working with Voodoo PS2 & Voodoo Trackpad kexts from Multibeast.
6. USB 3.0 port - Working with Resnsas USB3 kext from Multibeast.

7. AMD Radeon HD 6630M - Seems to be working okay after patching ATI6000Controller.kext & adding the DeviceID. Cannot confirm as I cannot switch to that GPU. Still stuck with Intel HD 3000.

8. Intel HD3000 - Not working till now. Tried using modified AppleIntelSNBControllerFB.kext from TonyMac's thread. Should be working soon: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php ... 86#p168186 . Wating for someone to help me with editing the DSDT.

Now fully working. Had to edit my DSDT. See details: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28851

DSDT attached in this post.

9. Ethernet - Working with Atheros AR8151 kext from kexts.com

Other Issues:

1. Desktop crashes randomly when launching apps. Fixed after Intel HD working.
2. Desktop crashes when clicking "About this Mac". Need to work on this now as everything else has been sorted out.. Solved. Had to use patched AppleSMBOIS.kext from Insanelymac.com.
3. long bootup time, especially at "SNB framebuffer did not show, unload". Solved. Bootup is long only in verbose mode now.

Things to work on now:

1. Cosmetic fixes: CPU shown as unknown, RAM type missing.
2. Enable Speedstep in order to increase battery life. Currently getting less than half the battery life in OSX as compared to that in Windows. VoodooPower.kext does not work on Lion (atleast the version I found online, doesn't).
3. Enable Sleep.
4. Enable Card reader (low priority).

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    30.5 KB · Views: 477
It seems that the HD 6630M is working fine with ATI6000Controller.kext but my display is being shown as connected to the Intel HD3000. But HD300 is not having QE/CI. Is there any way to switch to the 6630M GPU. Maybe this should work: http://osxdaily.com/2010/05/08/manually ... book-pros/

Does not work & probably never would. Macs use MUXed graphics switching & mine is MUXless (like NVIDIA Optimus).

Hi i have vaio vpc SB cpu like yours can i install mac on my lap top?
when i try with i boot 10.6.3 it's write bios block error
may be u give me link for download hackintosh like yours?

Hi,

I've got merely the same laptop, only difference is the 14" screen in my VPCCA1C5E.

Are both Graphiccards (ATI 6630M and Intel HD) shown in your System Info? I'm stuck with Lion only recognizing that I've got an Ati Card. There's no sign of the Intel HD Card...
Did you do anything special for OS X to recognize both cards?

graphicinfo.png

Processor 1 ID = 0
Number of cores 2 (max 8)
Number of threads 4 (max 16)
Name Intel Core i5
Codename Sandy Bridge
Specification Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz
Package (platform ID) Socket 988B rPGA (0x4)
CPUID 6.A.7
Extended CPUID 6.2A
Core Stepping D2
Technology 32 nm
TDP Limit 35 Watts
Core Speed 1596.5 MHz
Multiplier x FSB 16.0 x 99.8 MHz
Stock frequency 2300 MHz

Chipset
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Northbridge Intel Sandy Bridge rev. 09
Southbridge Intel HM65 rev. B2
Graphic Interface PCI-Express
PCI-E Link Width x16
PCI-E Max Link Width x16
Memory Type DDR3
Memory Size 4012 MBytes
Memory Frequency 665.2 MHz (1:5)
CAS# latency (CL) 9.0
RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD) 9
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 9
Cycle Time (tRAS) 24
Command Rate (CR) 1T
MCHBAR I/O Base address 0x0FED10000
MCHBAR I/O Size 19456
MCHBAR registers

Mainboard Model VAIO (0x0000012F - 0x00003158)

Display adapter 0
Display name \\.\DISPLAY1
Name Mobile Intel(R) HD Graphics
Memory size 512 MB
GPU ref clock 27000
PCI device bus 0 (0x0), device 2 (0x2), function 0 (0x0)
Vendor ID 0x8086 (0x104D)
Model ID 0x0116 (0x907B)
Performance Level 0

Display adapter 1
Name AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6470M
Memory size 1813 MB
GPU ref clock 27000
PCI device bus 1 (0x1), device 0 (0x0), function 0 (0x0)
Vendor ID 0x1002 (0x104D)
Model ID 0x6760 (0x907B)
Performance Level 0

Lostik868 said:
Hi i have vaio vpc SB cpu like yours can i install mac on my lap top?
when i try with i boot 10.6.3 it's write bios block error
may be u give me link for download hackintosh like yours?

Are you following the iBoot + Multibeast method ? Or maybe you get this error because you're try some other distribution.

zumi said:
Hi,

I've got merely the same laptop, only difference is the 14" screen in my VPCCA1C5E.

Are both Graphiccards (ATI 6630M and Intel HD) shown in your System Info? I'm stuck with Lion only recognizing that I've got an Ati Card. There's no sign of the Intel HD Card...
Did you do anything special for OS X to recognize both cards?

graphicinfo.png

No they were both detected Out-of-the-box.

The Intel HD was shown as Built-in while the AMD was on PCI-e slot.

The internal display is shown as being connected to the Intel HD. I could not find any method to make it switch to the AMD GPU which I think is working with the ATI6000Controller kext.

I am unable to install Lion. The installer gives me a blank screen. Most probably, Lion is detecting only the AMD GPU and since the display is connected to the Intel HD, I get a blank screen.

Maybe you could try this: viewtopic.php?f=170&t=25722

Here what i got with iBoot + Leopard 10.6.3
img0036qw.jpg

img0038mb.jpg

AHCI mode is defoult on my notebook, have 1 disk fat 32
suggest me whats i do wrong, or may be i need newest mac os like 10.6.8 or lion
or my notebook not supported to install any Mac OS? i try 5 hackintoshs 10.5 10.6.3 and all of them get different erors and no one start instal process
and if i try to start in safe mode -x or PCIRootUID=1-x i get to install all kexts after reboot

@Lostik868:

Did you try booting with " GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No " boot flag? I can't remember wether you need to choose Yes or No, just give it a try ;)

Thanks for the link, I'll give it a shot.

if i try to start in safe mode -x or PCIRootUID=1-x i get to install all kexts after reboot

Thx i try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back