Contribute
Register

Sony S Series with Sandy Bridge Processor and Insyde H20 BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I just had my vaio SA updated from EI capitan to Sierra and the process wasn't hard if you have a working EI Capitan on your driver with GUID/GPT partition scheme.

First, please see this thread : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/ first for the common issues and backup your current disk if you still want to give it a try.

Whats Working:
  • Internal Intel HD3000 GPU and Display (QI/CE)
  • Internal ALC275 Audio (Internal Speakers & Microphone, Line-Out)
  • Internal Webcam
  • Gigabit Ethernet
  • Sleep & Wake - including lid close and power button support
  • Touchpad (ALPS; not working 100%)
  • 2Ghz & 5Ghz A/B/G/N/AC WiFi (using AW-CE123H mPCIe Card)
  • Bluetooth 4 LT (using AW-CE123H mPCIe Card)
  • USB 2 & USB 3 ports
Whats not Working:
  • Volume and brightness control keys
  • Internal SD Card Reader
  • AMD GPU (disabled for better power management )
  • VGA Output (not tested)
  • HDMI Video & Audio (not tested)

Pre-requisites:

The install process assumes that you are booting OSX EI Capitan from a SSD/HDD connected to the primary SATA port of the laptop, and that the drive is using a GUID/GPT partition scheme and has a EFI partition.

1.Remove VoodooPS2Controller.kext versions prior to 1.8.24 and update to 1.8.24.

2.Remove SSDT.aml if you have one.

3.Download the latest version of Clover and update your existing Clover install.

4. Update FakeSMC to the latest version.

5.Download Install Sierra Application from the Mac App Store. When complete, the app will open.

6.Choose system drive for install. When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.

7. When Clover boot screen appears, choose Boot macOS Install option. Press spacebar to enter Boot Options and choose Without Caches option and/or Inject Kexts option then Boot Mac OS X with selected options. You will encounter KP if VoodooPS2Controller.kext versions prior to 1.8.24.

8. Complete the installation process. When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.

9.When Clover boot screen appears, choose Boot Mac OS X option. The computer will then complete the update.

10.After booting into Sierra, input the following infornation into Clover configurator(kernel and kext patches) to patch Broadcom WiFi BCM94352 (AW-CE123H mPCIe Card)

If you have another wifi mPICe card, you may need another patch.

Comment: AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo, 10.12.x (credit the-darkvoid)
MatchOS: 10.12.x
Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: <81f952aa 00007529>
Replace: <81f952aa 00006690>

For more information: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312759-fix-macos-sierra-dp1-bcm94532z-wifi/

11.Refer this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/ for better power management and quieter fan noise.

Now you should have a working OSX Sierra for your vaio NB.

Hi,

I just had my vaio SA updated from EI capitan to Sierra and the process wasn't hard if you have a working EI Capitan on your driver with GUID/GPT partition scheme.

First, please see this thread : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/ first for the common issues and backup your current disk if you still want to give it a try.

Whats Working:
  • Internal Intel HD3000 GPU and Display (QI/CE)
  • Internal ALC275 Audio (Internal Speakers & Microphone, Line-Out)
  • Internal Webcam
  • Gigabit Ethernet
  • Sleep & Wake - including lid close and power button support
  • Touchpad (ALPS; not working 100%)
  • 2Ghz & 5Ghz A/B/G/N/AC WiFi (using AW-CE123H mPCIe Card)
  • Bluetooth 4 LT (using AW-CE123H mPCIe Card)
  • USB 2 & USB 3 ports
Whats not Working:
  • Volume and brightness control keys
  • Internal SD Card Reader
  • AMD GPU (disabled for better power management )
  • VGA Output (not tested)
  • HDMI Video & Audio (not tested)

Pre-requisites:

The install process assumes that you are booting OSX EI Capitan from a SSD/HDD connected to the primary SATA port of the laptop, and that the drive is using a GUID/GPT partition scheme and has a EFI partition.

1.Remove VoodooPS2Controller.kext versions prior to 1.8.24 and update to 1.8.24.

2.Remove SSDT.aml if you have one.

3.Download the latest version of Clover and update your existing Clover install.

4. Update FakeSMC to the latest version.

5.Download Install Sierra Application from the Mac App Store. When complete, the app will open.

6.Choose system drive for install. When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.

7. When Clover boot screen appears, choose Boot macOS Install option. Press spacebar to enter Boot Options and choose Without Caches option and/or Inject Kexts option then Boot Mac OS X with selected options. You will encounter KP if VoodooPS2Controller.kext versions prior to 1.8.24.

8. Complete the installation process. When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.

9.When Clover boot screen appears, choose Boot Mac OS X option. The computer will then complete the update.

10.After booting into Sierra, input the following infornation into Clover configurator(kernel and kext patches) to patch Broadcom WiFi BCM94352 (AW-CE123H mPCIe Card)

If you have another wifi mPICe card, you may need another patch.

Comment: AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo, 10.12.x (credit the-darkvoid)
MatchOS: 10.12.x
Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: <81f952aa 00007529>
Replace: <81f952aa 00006690>

For more information: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312759-fix-macos-sierra-dp1-bcm94532z-wifi/

11.Refer this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/ for better power management and quieter fan noise.

Now you should have a working OSX Sierra for your vaio NB.
Update to 10.12.2 successfuly with your steps. thanks!

Hello,
@yuchen1211: i upgraded to 10.12.6 successfully with your steps! Everything is working except wifi. I've got an "AW-CE123H mPCIe Card" but I can't get it to work with your KextPatch mentioned above. May you be so kind to share which kexts you put in your EFI folder and which kextstopatches you've applied? Maybe you can even share your EFI folder with me? Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back