CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am getting quite mad since sometimes (let's say 10-15% of boot attempts) I get this message, that stops my new hackintosh from booting:

Error allocating 0x* pages at (...)
Couldn't allocate runtime area

I also attach a screenshot showing which drivers64 and kext I have in the EFI folder.
I have also read many threads about this issue, where the solution always was to use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, which I already use.

Attachments

• couldntallocateruntimearea.jpg
    couldntallocateruntimearea.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 204
  • EFI-screenshot.png
    EFI-screenshot.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 204
Ok, I've found the answer somewhere else. Anyway I post it here in case someone is experiencing the same problem because of the same mistake.

The problem was caused by EmuVariableUefi-64.efi which is needed only to configure iMessage and unuseful after that.
Removing it from the drivers64UEFI fixed it!

Ok, I've found the answer somewhere else. Anyway I post it here in case someone is experiencing the same problem because of the same mistake.

The problem was caused by EmuVariableUefi-64.efi which is needed only to configure iMessage and unuseful after that.
Removing it from the drivers64UEFI fixed it!

I was having the exact same issue and this fixed it for me! I had the emuvariable in the drivers/UEFI folder and removing it fixed it. Thanks.

EDIT: Spoke to soon :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back