Contribute
Register

{SOLVED} - Z77X-UD5H - Big Sur - OpenCore 0.6.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you fellow z77 board folks getting wrong CPU shown in about this mac as well as a lot of console spam from window server saying 'clearing datagram' ? open console, error and faults / stream. I'm showing nonstop console spam that's causing a lot of GUI lag.

are you fellow z77 board folks getting wrong CPU shown in about this mac as well as a lot of console spam from window server saying 'clearing datagram' ? open console, error and faults / stream. I'm showing nonstop console spam that's causing a lot of GUI lag.
I tried to help a user yesterday (somewhere else) with something very similar to what you're describing.
About the wrong cpu, check your config for:

Code:
<key>ProcessorType</key>
<integer>0</integer>

If it's not 0 (zero for automatic), then you're forcing other cpu that may not be the right one.

About the nonstop console spam, it depends of what you're you're log streaming.
Some processes do stream log a lot of info and that only might not represent any problem at all.
WindowServer for example floods the screen with output on every mouse movement if debug option is used.
Better not leave it open as such amount of console output from WIndowServer will degrade performance when streaming from that process.

Last edited:
SOLUTION:
A fresh Big Sur Install using the OpenCore 0.6.3 USB Boot Stick with my configuration settings. After the fresh Install I reverted the backup using Time Machine and now everything works without any issue. Big Sur boots up with OpenCore 0.6.3 and now I also have the "MacintoshHD" in the Boot Menu. The App Store works too, I can finally install and update Apps again.
I'm wondering if you can clarify how you got this to install. I'm using the same motherboard, video card, OpenCore, and Big Sur as well.

I tried using both the current OpenCore 0.7.3 as well as 0.6.3 as specified in your solution, but with Big Sur, I get the message:

This version of Mac OS is not supported on this platform!

Catalina also fails but without a clear message.

I downloaded the EFI and BIOS settings from here:

EDIT -

It seems that I needed to update the BIOS on my motherboard to F15j (?), in any case, it is starting to install now.

Seems I also need an EFI folder with GTX570, as I can only get working with internal graphics.

Cheers

Last edited:
Try this EFI, I modified my EFI for your specs, i'm using i7 3770 on z77 mobo with a rx 580.
This should boot.

Hey, it's been a little while, but just wanted to let you know that the EFI you uploaded seems to be working absolutely perfectly on my Hack. I think I have exactly the same hardware as yours, and it was just a straightforward install and setup as if it was a real Mac. Thank you so much!

I just did the fresh install on another HDD and it works!! So there might be a problem while migrating from Clover to OC.
I have the same MB and processor (GA-Z77X-UD5H, i5 3570K), could you please share the EFI folder? thanks

Thank You Guys for these Information!!! :clap: I tested the first time OpenCore EFI by guillelopez :). Fantastic it works on my old hackintosh with latest Catalina OS - it boots!!! Now I have an iMac15,1 and I can update to OSX Big Sur after Timemaschine. Only the Powermanagement doesnt work. After shut down its restart the hackintosh again :think:. Any Soulutions for this problem? Sorry I'm new with OpenCore I read a lot but is it not clear how to do.I think I have a Ivybridge?

Could sombody help to improve the OpenCore EFI by guillelopez? I also read the update prozess from openclover 0.63. to 0.7.4 I copied the files to a test USB Dummy Stick.

I'm happy about every info and help!

Attachments

• EFI updated files from 0.6.3 too 0.7.4.zip
    55.7 MB · Views: 177
  • working EFI old 0.6.3 powermanagement doesnt work.zip
    55.1 MB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Only the Powermanagement doesnt work. After shut down its restart the hackintosh again :think:. Any Soulutions for this problem? Sorry I'm new with OpenCore I read a lot but is it not clear how to do.I think I have a Ivybridge?

Yes according to your signature, you do have IvyBridge.

If you're having problems getting power management working then take a look at my build guide. I have a Power Management section on there that shows all the steps.

Also note that my guide should work for any Gigabyte Z77 mobo/Ivybridge CPU combo build as long as you substitute my motherboard and CPU specs for your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back