Contribute
Register

{SOLVED} - Z77X-UD5H - Big Sur - OpenCore 0.6.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You I updated to Big Sur everything works fine now. Shut down and so on. I feel after 8 years with this great motherboard and several osx versions with opencore it is a real mac. I will never go back to Clover. I will save my money for the first mac mini m1 pro. great forum and thank you for sharing your tips and EFI's. :clap::headbang:

Try this EFI, I modified my EFI for your specs, i'm using i7 3770 on z77 mobo with a rx 580.
This should boot.
the efi works very well in big sur !!
where can i configure the i7 3770k?
I've been using clover for 10 years and I'm new to opencore.
sorry for my english ... thank you!

where can i configure the i7 3770k?
I've been using clover for 10 years and I'm new to opencore.
It's best to learn how to create your own EFI folder that works for your system.
Then you'll understand how OpenCore works and be more self-reliant.

Last edited:
Thanks, yes, I've been reading for days. But I can't configure it. Guillelopez's efi worked for me. keep looking!

Thanks, yes, I've been reading for days. But I can't configure it. Guillelopez's efi worked for me. keep looking!
Hi @pirca ,
have a good read through my old Z77-DS3H build based on OpenCore, that guide will show you how to create your EFI for your setup providing that you use the below which are specific to your GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard;

Atheros (LAN1)
Use AtherosE2200Ethernet

Intel (LAN2)
Use IntelMausi kext

Realtek ALC898 codec
layouts; 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 65, 66, 98, 99, 101

Example, add the following to your boot argument to test any of the above audio layouts e.g, alcid=11

thanks to all!! I already have my hack working! i was able to configure efi!

Hi! Is there a chance to get an EFI for Monterey update and OpenCore Update. Can Somebody help me out. The SMBIOS have to be changed and the internal Grafikcard? from BigSur and Open Core 0.6.3 no chance.

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H-F14
CPUi7-3770K
Graphics GTX 760

Hi! Is there a chance to get an EFI for Monterey update and OpenCore Update. Can Somebody help me out. The SMBIOS have to be changed and the internal Grafikcard? from BigSur and Open Core 0.6.3 no chance.

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H-F14
CPUi7-3770K
Graphics GTX 760
  • Post your EFI with your Serial and Rom values removed, I'm sure that one of us can help updating it for you.

• To get on macOS Monterey, you would need to generate a new SMBIOS serial as iMac17,1
  • That would allow your Hack to to be recognised as a Monterey compatible Broadwell Mac with dGPU.
  • You can generate a new SMBIOS serial using GenSMBIOS here
  • If you've not used GenSMBIOS before, Tutorial (includes video) here
  • You should then enter your new serial number in the checkcoverage.apple.com website .
  • You want to get the result "We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid.."
  • This mean that the serial is not in use elsewhere so you can own it.
  • Before using the new SMBIOS serial in your config.plist, make sure to sign out of your Apple ID
  • Once you have everything working in the new SMBIOS, log back into your Apple ID and your Hack will be treated as a newly purchased Mac and Software update should show the option - Upgrade to macOS Monterey

• Possible Issues for you Hack are your Graphics.
  • I don't know much about the Nvidia GTX 760 graphics card so you can ask others as most Nvidia graphics cards will not be supported in Monterey, Big Sur, El Capitan and Mojave.
  • You might lose function from USB ports. If you do, you would have to generate a new USBPorts.kext.
  • Your Power management may or may not function correctly under a Broadwell SMBIOS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back