Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Z77-DS3H issues after power cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does your system use that 650W PSU to 100% capacity ?

The machine is used for Final Cut Pro. When rendering and exporting footage it must do. I'm not sure how much it uses tbh mate I've never checked but I know it's not over 650watt because if it was the machine would power off.

If you could work out the actual power usage of all your connected equipment when not in standby mode, I would do it that way, then increase the final figure by say 20 to 30 percent, then go for the next highest level of UPS according to that final figure.

Thats only a rough way of estimating it of course but should give you room for movement and enough power to do a clean and graceful shutdown should the need arise.

If you could work out the actual power usage of all your connected equipment when not in standby mode, I would do it that way, then increase the final figure by say 20 to 30 percent, then go for the next highest level of UPS according to that final figure.

Thats only a rough way of estimating it of course but should give you room for movement and enough power to do a clean and graceful shutdown should the need arise.

By any chance would corsair link tell me? I need to get the cable that's the only problem. But I wouldn't say the machine would use the full 650watt from the power supply.

I can't speak for Corsair link, I've never bought one of those model PSU's, and I understand that utility only runs in Windows anyway. A plug in wall meter would give you a decent reading.

Yeah I know. I've never used Corsair link. I'll look a wall meter and check it out.

So I've just booted my machine been off to 3 days booted up perfectly fine. Ill report back once i shutdown the machine.

The Z77-DS3H is one of my favourite boards - It is so easy to install.

I am still not convinced your board is bad.

Try the latest FakeSMC and don't install the plugins before you buy any more parts.
Did you test the hard drive(s) ?

Hi P1LGRIM can you marked this as (solved). Machine is working perfectly fine.

Done.

That's good news Jack - Glad you got it fixed.

Thank you P1LGRIM. Thank god i was worried. Ive got a UPS coming for this machine so that'll help it out :D

Done.

That's good news Jack - Glad you got it fixed.

Hi P1LGRIM. Relating back to my Z77-DS3H desktop now i don't think there was something wrong with that board. My new desktop had a funny turn earlier on where shutdown broke USB broke and Audio disabled itself. This happened when i turned my amp on. Do you think the amplifier i have could be causing this problem? what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back