1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My Spec
ROG Strike Z390-H Gaming
ROG vega 64
970 evo 1TB
Corsair veagence LPX 3200mhz 32gb

when i run the installation it stop at the end and wont restart just freeze at the moment
and i manually restart and continue installation in ssd

it shows that failed to send exception exc_corpse_notify error code 5 for pid 204

and I just tried High Sierra same problem
i guess the motherboard sucks

Solution: Use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or OsxAptioFixDrv3-64.efi replace AptioMemoryFix.efi,one driver only each time

Last edited:
Several comments:
  1. Install Mojave without the Vega 64 plugged in.
  2. During Mojave installation on Z390/9th Gen CPUs, many people report that reboot does not work. We have to reboot by ourselves when the system appears frozen.
  3. But after the reboot, boot from the USB Install Disk. Clover should now show a new disk volume (can't remember the exact name) called "Mojave Pre-Install" or something like that. The Mojave installer creates this new volume and reboots with that volume as the Startup Disk. So when you manually reboot, make sure to select that volume.
If this fails, be sure to post your EFI folder from the USB flash disk and take any helpful screenshots of the error.

Several comments:
  1. Install Mojave without the Vega 64 plugged in.
  2. During Mojave installation on Z390/9th Gen CPUs, many people report that reboot does not work. We have to reboot by ourselves when the system appears frozen.
  3. But after the reboot, boot from the USB Install Disk. Clover should now show a new disk volume (can't remember the exact name) called "Mojave Pre-Install" or something like that. The Mojave installer creates this new volume and reboots with that volume as the Startup Disk. So when you manually reboot, make sure to select that volume.
If this fails, be sure to post your EFI folder from the USB flash disk and take any helpful screenshots of the error.

Thank you at first
Would you mind to send me your config.plist ?
and what kind of kexts you use ? screen capture plz
Thank you a lot <3

I did what u told me to do
Still did not work

1st pic shows freezing before restart
2nd pic shows booting from ssd

Attachments

• IMG_4367.jpg
    IMG_4367.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 645
  • IMG_7036.jpg
    IMG_7036.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 726
My EFI folder the same as installation Guide on tonymacx86
im new to hackintosh

Solution: Use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or OsxAptioFixDrv3-64.efi replace AptioMemoryFix.efi,one driver only each time

Better and simpler: just enable XMP I in BIOS.

MacOS somehow uses XMP data from the memory chips despite of BIOS settings. If there are any differences in memory MHz/timings between BIOS settings and XMP data – this leads to freezes/reboots if you use AptioMemoryFix. So the solution is to set XMP I in BIOS.

Additionally EmuVariableUefi fixes the reboot issue.

My Spec

Being new to this, let me verify. It is OK to just go into the /EFI/drivers64UEFI/ folder and delete the drivers/files you don't want and then add the ones you do need (like above) or is there something else you have to do, like using Clover to do some modifications?

you could set SIMBIOS as iMac pro.

Being new to this, let me verify. It is OK to just go into the /EFI/drivers64UEFI/ folder and delete the drivers/files you don't want and then add the ones you do need (like above) or is there something else you have to do, like using Clover to do some modifications?
Yes, you can just remove or add files to the drivers folder without having to do anything else.

Well, no joy

The OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (after removing AptioMemoryFix.efi) prevents booting: I get a prohibitory sign during boot.

The OsxAptioFixDrv3-64.efi (which seems to actually be OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi, unless I managed to get the wrong file) replacing AptioMemoryFix.efi results in a freeze at two minutes remaining on OSX install as before.

The suggestion to use XMP I is not an option on my ASUS H370-I as the only XMP option is "Disabled"

Any more suggestions other than heaving it off the roof? hah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back