Contribute
Register

[solved] Working Sierra on HP 15-d048se no HDMI audio and other problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
Thank you very much for all the help you gave me! I don't think I have any other problem. Now I can start to use it as a daily drive and see how it goes!
THANK YOU!

Are you saying that fixing USB fixed the wake up issue?

Are you saying that fixing USB fixed the wake up issue?
I think so. Here is what I did:
-I did role back to AppleSmartBatteryManager vanilla, and install ACPIBatteryManager.kext
-Disable webusb in chrome
-Re-patched DSTD with the right configuration for the USB as you said (from 0x6d to 0x0d)
-Also deleted dynamic SSDTs

Last edited:

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
I like you man! you making me think!
Here is what I tried:
1-I Re-patched DSDT without the USB patch, instant wake problem
2-I re-patched the USB, but kept WebUSB as default(as before). It works fine.
So I think rolling back to AppleSmartBatteryManager vanilla, and install ACPIBatteryManager.kext what fixed the problem.

Yeah, but frankly I dont know how! I will look into it.

I will mark as solved.

Did you read the other replies? (So I think rolling back to AppleSmartBatteryManager vanilla, and install ACPIBatteryManager.kext what fixed the problem.)

If you had a problem with AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext, I'm not surprised.
That kext is actually just an old version of ACPIBatteryManager.kext that is renamed to AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext.
The correct way is to leave AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext as is and install ACPIBatteryManager.kext (current version).

Is this fix for the brightness hotkey works? he gave the credit to you! http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305030-guide-how-to-fix-brightness-hotkeys-in-dsdt/

The technique comes from my guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back