HP 15-d048se
CPU
i5-3230M
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
After more than 4 weeks and more than 10 fresh installations I managed to get almost everything to work with the help of the posts in this community and others around the web.
ScreenShot
Now I am facing a wall!:banghead: .
First let me state my Laptop specs and some links to how I got them to work it may help somebody:
HP 15-d048se
CPU: Intel Core i5-3230M with Intel HD Graphics 4000 (2.6 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
RAM: 12 GB
Audio: Realteck ALC 282 works using AppleHDA Patcher
LAN: RealtekRTL8100
WiFi: Not supported so I am using an USB Wifi
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 820M (1 GB DDR3 dedicated), I am not using, I tried to but I found that it will take much extra work. So I am using Intel HD 4000. I wanted to disable it, and that was one of my problems!
Power Management and battery: I used this guide and also got HWsensor
Keyboard: only the brightness keys not working, I did not try to make them work, it isn't urgent.
TouchPad: after empty preferences now working using RehabMan latest VoodooPS2Controlle

That been said now...
MY PROBLEMS:
HDMI:
No audio output. I have tried everything especially RehabMan Guide . It seems that my ACPI files don't contain the same information as stated on the guide. which lead me to the second problem.

Disable Nvidia card: I tried to using this guide but as I said before it seems my disassembled ACPI files are deferent and I cant follow the guide. Although I disassembled them using this guide step by step!
I am gonna attach them here if it helps if someone would like to help.
I really did my research, maybe I missed something or maybe my setup need deferent steps, so any help would be much appreciated

Attachments

• ACPI files.zip
    120.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Patched.zip
    90.4 KB · Views: 83
  • config.plist
    8 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
After more than 4 weeks and more than 10 fresh installations I managed to get almost everything to work with the help of the posts in this community and others around the web.
ScreenShot
Now I am facing a wall!:banghead: .
First let me state my Laptop specs and some links to how I got them to work it may help somebody:
HP 15-d048se
CPU: Intel Core i5-3230M with Intel HD Graphics 4000 (2.6 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
RAM: 12 GB
Audio: Realteck ALC 282 works using AppleHDA Patcher
LAN: RealtekRTL8100
WiFi: Not supported so I am using an USB Wifi
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 820M (1 GB DDR3 dedicated), I am not using, I tried to but I found that it will take much extra work. So I am using Intel HD 4000. I wanted to disable it, and that was one of my problems!
Power Management and battery: I used this guide and also got HWsensor
Keyboard: only the brightness keys not working, I did not try to make them work, it isn't urgent.
TouchPad: after empty preferences now working using RehabMan latest VoodooPS2Controlle

That been said now...
MY PROBLEMS:
HDMI:
No audio output. I have tried everything especially RehabMan Guide . It seems that my ACPI files don't contain the same information as stated on the guide. which lead me to the second problem.

Disable Nvidia card: I tried to using this guide but as I said before it seems my disassembled ACPI files are deferent and I cant follow the guide. Although I disassembled them using this guide step by step!
I am gonna attach them here if it helps if someone would like to help.
I really did my research, maybe I missed something or maybe my setup need deferent steps, so any help would be much appreciated

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thanks for replaying! I read it all! and I tried to follow every thing you provided. I really dont know what to do. I only posted after i gave up on trying the solutions mentioned. Maybe I am missing something. If there is a direct direction that you can point me to, I would be very thankful. I am not an expert for sure, but I can manage with right instructions

Thanks for replaying! I read it all! and I tried to follow every thing you provided. I really dont know what to do. I only posted after i gave up on trying the solutions mentioned. Maybe I am missing something. If there is a direct direction that you can point me to, I would be very thankful. I am not an expert for sure, but I can manage with right instructions

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• Files.zip
    2 MB · Views: 84
OH! very sorry! Because I read too much posts I missed that! :oops: I thought the files I provided are enough.
Here are the files requested. I hope I did it right this time!

No HDMI monitor connected in this ioreg.
But none of the connectors are patched for HDMI (so no expectation of HDMI audio). According to ioreg, all the connectors are DP currently.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...o-sandy-ivy-haswell-broadwell-skylake.189495/

For disabling Nvidia, follow the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

Nothing unusual in your files. _OFF is in SSDT-8. The associated _INI is in the same file.
There are no EC references in _OFF, so it is a simple matter of patching _INI to call _OFF.

But none of the connectors are patched for HDMI (so no expectation of HDMI audio). According to ioreg, all the connectors are DP currently.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...o-sandy-ivy-haswell-broadwell-skylake.189495/

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

Nothing unusual in your files. _OFF is in SSDT-8. The associated _INI is in the same file.
There are no EC references in _OFF, so it is a simple matter of patching _INI to call _OFF.
OK! thanks. I will try again maybe i missed something and come back with the result .

I tried, it did not work. I did a fresh install and followed every guide you provide from booting with clover and to disassembling and patching DSDT/SSDTs. It did not work I don't know what am I missing :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
See guide:
After flowing this guide I even lost all audio output.

I can see _OFF. I tried first to compile but I received errors in the this screen shot
I attached the flies if there is something you could help with
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• files.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 93
After flowing this guide I even lost all audio output.

Your kextcache output shows:
- no patched AppleHDA components installed
- HDAEnabler installed (it is not recommended)

I can see _OFF. I tried first to compile but I received errors in the this screen shot
I attached the flies if there is something you could help with
Thanks in advance!

As per guide, apply "[gfx0] Fix/Cleanup Errors (SSDT)"

Your kextcache output shows:
- no patched AppleHDA components installed
- HDAEnabler installed (it is not recommended)
Before I trie to apply the Patches I had a working internal speaker output. Which I did using AppleHDA Patcher.
I tried to reinstall AppleHDA in the time of you replay but sill no audio output at all
I am thinking about a fresh install now! (Which is the inexperienced solution, but what can I do)

As per guide, apply "[gfx0] Fix/Cleanup Errors (SSDT)"
THANK YOU! No errors now! AND No more Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back