Contribute
Register

[Solved] Windows NTFS HDD not initialised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok found the solution, AppleAHCIPort.kext is responsible for that. For those who have problems, install the kext attached in S/L/E

All my partitions are mounted now :)

That worked... thanks soooooooooo much! Definitely didn't remember using that kext! Clutch!

Ok found the solution, AppleAHCIPort.kext is responsible for that. For those who have problems, install the kext attached in S/L/E

just a little update to shed some light upon this strange behavior.
I solved same problem using the kext you provide, although I can't understand why it didn't work with vanilla kext from 10.13 install; I tried to convert my hd from mbr to gpt with disk utility (before trying with your kext) but HS kept on refusing to mount it, so it must be something else that bothers the OS, not just mbr partition scheme.
I've got another hd on my build, a newer one, a seagate barracuda, formatted gpt hfs+ from the start and no problem from this one; the older one, instead, a WD blue gave me these troubles, can't figure why.

just a little update to shed some light upon this strange behavior.
I solved same problem using the kext you provide, although I can't understand why it didn't work with vanilla kext from 10.13 install; I tried to convert my hd from mbr to gpt with disk utility (before trying with your kext) but HS kept on refusing to mount it, so it must be something else that bothers the OS, not just mbr partition scheme.
I've got another hd on my build, a newer one, a seagate barracuda, formatted gpt hfs+ from the start and no problem from this one; the older one, instead, a WD blue gave me these troubles, can't figure why.

In fact all my tests with MBR + GUID where useless, the vanilla kext from Final HS version is buggy. It does not support well old sata controllers : 5 and 7 series motherboards, ICH10 and ours it seems... I hope they will fix this in 10.13.1.

In fact all my tests with MBR + GUID where useless, the vanilla kext from Final HS version is buggy. It does not support well old sata controllers : 5 and 7 series motherboards, ICH10 and ours it seems... I hope they will fix this in 10.13.1.

nice to hear that, thanks for the prompt answer; hope to see this fixed in next release alongside the trim/slow boot bug.

Did you put this kext in s\l\e of high sierra or sierra?

Did you put this kext in s\l\e of high sierra or sierra?

If you are referring to my answer in Tycho55's thread, I meant no way to launch this Kext in the "other" folder of your EFI clover partition. So it works only once High Sierra is installed.
This one need to be placed in High Sierra.

For your problem, you need to investigate on those 2 possibilities :

- Missing driver on your USB stick
- your bios, check if everything is ok about your HDD management

Hope this helps !

If you are referring to my answer in Tycho55's thread, I meant no way to launch this Kext in the "other" folder of your EFI clover partition. So it works only once High Sierra is installed.
This one need to be placed in High Sierra.

For your problem, you need to investigate on those 2 possibilities :

- Missing driver on your USB stick
- your bios, check if everything is ok about your HDD management

Hope this helps !
I tried to add hfsplus.efi in drivers64, but it's useless. I also checked all my bios settings, the strange thing is that sierra works perfect, but high sierra is like a girl during periods

Found a French user with exact same problem but with HFS+ drive ! MBR problem ?
Same here with legacy MB on ICH10 chipset. Thanks to Vulgo for pointing me out to this cause of the problem (disk1 I/O error) in another thread!

Update; solved with the installation of attached kext AppleAHCIPort.kext! Thanx to Vulgo and CrashMidnick!

Last edited:
Same here with legacy MB on ICH10 chipset. Thanks to Vulgo for pointing me out to this cause of the problem (disk1 I/O error) in another thread!

Update; solved with the installation of attached kext AppleAHCIPort.kext! Thanx to Vulgo and CrashMidnick!
Did you installed 10.13 on hdd or ssd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back