MSI Z270 M7
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

Just updated from Sierra to High Sierra my old beast (see specs in my signature), everything went fine except High Sierra cannot mount my internal SATA Windows HDD : I have a Pop up at boot saying that it is unreadable. If I ignore the eject process, in disk utility I can see that it is not initialised ???

I can boot into my windows drive at clover boot, no problem. I checked the disk with windows disk manager, no problem. Any idea ?

This computer is running in legacy bios mode (no choice, old hardware).
Thanks for your help !

Is the bios set up for ACHI or IRST/IDE - if its on IRST/IDE, OS X won't recognise the disk. Its possible you had the special kext prior to upgrading (forget its name) that allows OS X to read the IRST/IDE disk, and it got erased as part of the upgrade process if it was in S/L/E or L/E.

AHCI is set to both my HDD (Mac & Windows). This setup was working without any problem since Yosemite, El Cap and Sierra.

My Windows HDD is a Western Digital, my Mac HDD is a Seagate. I will try to connect my spare HDD tonight which is a Seagate as well, I will see how it reacts.

Clover boot loader see the HDD, Disk utility see the disk but cannot mount/initialise, hardware report cannot see the HDD (it is like there is no driver for it).

When connecting an External USB HDD, no problem. The NTFS partition is recognised.

Last edited:
AHCI is set to both my HDD (Mac & Windows). This setup was working without any problem since Yosemite, El Cap and Sierra.

My Windows HDD is a Western Digital, my Mac HDD is a Seagate. I will try to connect my spare HDD tonight which is a Seagate as well, I will see how it reacts.

Clover boot loader see the HDD, Disk utility see the disk but cannot mount/initialise, hardware report cannot see the HDD (it is like there is no driver for it).

When connecting an External USB HDD, no problem. The NTFS partition is recognised.
Got any non-Apple NTFS drivers installed there?

Got any non-Apple NTFS drivers installed there?

Yes prior Update : Tuxera, then I thought it was not compatible so I removed it, same problem, installed paragon NTFS, same problem.

Yes prior Update : Tuxera, then I thought it was not compatible so I removed it, same problem, installed paragon NTFS, same problem.
Something you could try is to remove both of these completely with any uninstall instructions you might find.

Good idea, it does not hurt. Will try that. Thanks.

Found a French user with exact same problem but with HFS+ drive ! MBR problem ?

I have same problem, but on my external HDD i have SteamOS (Debian), cant see it in disk utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back