Asus ROG G501JW
CPU
Core i7 4720HQ
Graphics
Intel HD 4600 & GeForce GTX960M
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Hi,

First of all, big thanks to Voodoo HDA devs for providing this kext to make my laptop sound works but with some flaws (better than nothing). By using this kext, my built in speaker works flawlessly, but my headphone jack did not. It always output white noise sound even when the volume is set to 0. Does anyone get a workaround for this?

I have tried AppleALC and no sound devices detected, therefore I switched back to VoodooHDA. I attached required files for problem reporting in case someone needed it.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Solved this problem by changing Voodoo HDA to cloverHDA (https://github.com/insanelydeepak/cloverHDA-for-Mac-OS-Sierra-10.12)

Attachments

• audio-report.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Hi,

First of all, big thanks to Voodoo HDA devs for providing this kext to make my laptop sound works but with some flaws (better than nothing). By using this kext, my built in speaker works flawlessly, but my headphone jack did not. It always output white noise sound even when the volume is set to 0. Does anyone get a workaround for this?

I have tried AppleALC and no sound devices detected, therefore I switched back to VoodooHDA. I attached required files for problem reporting in case someone needed it.

Thanks in advance!
Use DPCIManager to find out which codec you have and then, patch AppleHDA using Mirone's AppleHDA Patcher program. Also, you should install all kexts into /S/L/E and only keep necessary kexts (FakeSMC, VoodooPS2) in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and set config.plist/System Parameters/Inject Kexts=Detect, just to be able to boot the macOS installer. Also, you should change your SMBIOS to MacBook Air 6,2 as it's a Haswell model that matches your laptop. And lastly, you injected audio layout-id 1. The recommended for laptops is 3.

Last edited:
Use DPCIManager to find out which codec you have and then, patch AppleHDA using Mirone's AppleHDA Patcher program. Also, you should install all kexts into /S/L/E and only keep necessary kexts (FakeSMC, VoodooPS2) in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and set config.plist/System Parameters/Inject Kexts=Detect, just to be able to boot the macOS installer. Also, you should change your SMBIOS to MacBook Air 6,2 as it's a Haswell model that matches your laptop. And lastly, you injected audio layout-id 1. The recommended for laptops is 3.

Hi, thanks for your response, I managed to make the audio works using CloverHDA instead of Mirone's AppleHDA. Now, the remaining problem is the HDMI audio, do you have any idea about that? haha

hm, but i'm not using native AppleHDA to make the built in audio works haha. well, i can live with no HDMI sound i think haha. Thanks anyways!
cloverHDA.kext and Clover config.plist patches is still native audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back