CPU
i5 4460
Graphics
gtx 970 mini
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm currently having issues with an unstable Ethernet connection using RealtekRTL8100. For about one minute after boot Ethernet works just fine and I can visit websites, however then the Ethernet hardware light (in the socket) flashes off and back on once. Once it does this the network tab shows Ethernet as yellow with a self-assigned IP address.

My router works off DHCP, changing the Ethernet setting to DHCP with manual address (and setting the address to one my router originally assigned) will show Ethernet as green however internet access still doesn't work. Changing it back to DHCP after this doesn't work either.

DPCIManager -> PCI List shows my network controller as RTL8101E/RTL8102E, which appears to be supported by the RTL8100 kekt based on the insanelymac thread.

Referencing the laptop in signature.

By the looks of it, this only happens when I attempt to open the app store/iTunes/etc, as described at https://github.com/Mieze/RealtekRTL8100 since I can "curl www.google.com" without it giving out.

I've done what the readme states there but the same issue still persists. I'm also using the debug kext, however, system.log does not mention RTL at all. "kextstat" does show RTL as loaded.

I'm currently having issues with an unstable Ethernet connection using RealtekRTL8100. For about one minute after boot Ethernet works just fine and I can visit websites, however then the Ethernet hardware light (in the socket) flashes off and back on once. Once it does this the network tab shows Ethernet as yellow with a self-assigned IP address.

My router works off DHCP, changing the Ethernet setting to DHCP with manual address (and setting the address to one my router originally assigned) will show Ethernet as green however internet access still doesn't work. Changing it back to DHCP after this doesn't work either.

DPCIManager -> PCI List shows my network controller as RTL8101E/RTL8102E, which appears to be supported by the RTL8100 kekt based on the insanelymac thread.

Referencing the laptop in signature.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

The system did end up panicking, I attached that log as well. Output.txt is output from the code section that includes all of the 'kextcache | grep x" commands.

If I missed any error reporting files, let me know.

Attachments

• panic.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 290
The system did end up panicking, I attached that log as well. Output.txt is output from the code section that includes all of the 'kextcache | grep x" commands.

If I missed any error reporting files, let me know.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Tried using the tool the first time, however, it depended on GitHub which is unavailable in the current state. Was able to manually copy all of the required tools and files from the repo.

Attachments

• debug_31309.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 160
Super sorry for the inconvenience, after looking through that dump myself I realized IntelMausi was still being loaded while the Realtek kekt was installed to SLE. Removing IntelMausiEthernet fixed this issue.

Tried using the tool the first time, however, it depended on GitHub which is unavailable in the current state. Was able to manually copy all of the required tools and files from the repo.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Super sorry for the inconvenience, after looking through that dump myself I realized IntelMausi was still being loaded while the Realtek kekt was installed to SLE. Removing IntelMausiEthernet fixed this issue.

IntelMausiEthernet.kext will have no effect when there is no matching Intel Ethernet hardware.
Your problem was unrelated to IntelMausiEthernet.kext as your ioreg and PCIe device dump shows no Intel Ethernet (you have Realtek).

Not sure why removing that did anything, but it did seem to fix the apple domain issue (It's probably just a coincidence, though). Here's the latest dump, I removed the Llilu, Intel graphic, and Voodoo from clover then installed to SLE since those seem crucial. Kept UsbInjectAll in case that's needed in clover (sorry if that's wrong).

Accessing the network is still unstable at times and it will self-assign an IP address instead of getting one via DHCP when reconnecting. I've tried different ethernet cables to make sure that wasn't the issue.

Attachments

• debug_7013.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 121
Not sure why removing that did anything, but it did seem to fix the apple domain issue (It's probably just a coincidence, though). Here's the latest dump, I removed the Llilu, Intel graphic, and Voodoo from clover then installed to SLE since those seem crucial. Kept UsbInjectAll in case that's needed in clover (sorry if that's wrong).

Accessing the network is still unstable at times and it will self-assign an IP address instead of getting one via DHCP when reconnecting. I've tried different ethernet cables to make sure that wasn't the issue.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back