Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] TL-WN725N V2 USB wireless in el Capitan —*possible???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97N-GAMING-5
CPU
i5
Graphics
RX 580
(Cut to the chase)

TP-LINK yesterday released a beta driver for OS X 10.11.x El Capitan for this USB wireless dongle. I installed it without any issues yesterday evening, and it seems to work great! Here is the link to the beta driver download page:

http://www.tp-link.us/download/TL-WN725N_V2.html#Driver

:headbang:

Thank you TP-LINK!!!

My original thread below this line:

So it seems as though the drivers from the TP-LINK website for this device (TL-WN725N USB wireless adapter) list compatibility for OSX 10.7 - 10.10, of course I attempted to install on el Capitan… as you might have guessed, it would not allow me to install. In Apple System Profiler, it is acknowledging the presence of the USB Wifi adapter, it’s just not letting me use it. Surely there has got to be a hack or workaround for this, involving custom KEXTs or something.

System is a freshly-built (just a couple days old) Gigabyte Z97M-DS3H, Core i3 3.7GHz 1150, Radeon 5870, 8GB Ballistic Tactical RAM, 500GB supported hard drive. Set up as dual-booting (Windoze 8.1 on first partition, OS X 10.11.3 on second partition), TP-LINK wireless USB adapter works great in Windoze.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :headbang:

Last edited:
TL-WN725N V2 USB wireless in el Capitan —*possible???

[h=2]i plan to buy TL-WN725N V2 will it work in el capitan 10.11.2 ??[/h]

Working perfect.....:clap:

This solution worked for me at first but I am experiencing some issues.

I have tried rebuilding the cache and booting without it in tandem multiple times after uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and utility.

I recently realized that it works with any closed network of which I know the credentials. It works with my phone's hotspot for instance since I need to type a password to get on it. Any open WiFi that may have a captive portal behind does not connect.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 8.26.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 8.26.34 AM.png
    258 KB · Views: 3,905
This solution worked for me at first but I am experiencing some issues.

I have tried rebuilding the cache and booting without it in tandem multiple times after uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and utility.

I recently realized that it works with any closed network of which I know the credentials. It works with my phone's hotspot for instance since I need to type a password to get on it. Any open WiFi that may have a captive portal behind does not connect.
I have this problem too! I thought the adapter just stopped working util I read your post, and then tried to connect to a network that is password protected - it worked fine. It just won't connect to any public hotspots which is ironically why I purchased the adapter in the first place!. Would love to see a solution.

Well connected to password-protected WiFi channel (WPA), but it couldn't connect to opened WiFi channel :(

**Does this one work with El Capitan 10.11.6? :D

Edit:
Yes! It does work! - You just have to download the right driver from TP-Links site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back