Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] TL-WN725N V2 USB wireless in el Capitan —*possible???

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am currently using it on el captain and i am planning to use it on sierra but only thing holding me back is confusion whether it works on it perfectly without any issues or not . can anyone confirm it ?

This solution worked for me at first but I am experiencing some issues.

I have tried rebuilding the cache and booting without it in tandem multiple times after uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and utility.

I recently realized that it works with any closed network of which I know the credentials. It works with my phone's hotspot for instance since I need to type a password to get on it. Any open WiFi that may have a captive portal behind does not connect.

I am experiencing the same issue connecting to a secured university network.

Have you come across a solution?

finally got wifi work on El Capitan 10.11.6 bcuz of the cable trouble ^^

thanks i used
TL-WN75N(UN) Ver. 2.2

Driver as mention in ur link the beta version

i saw some ppl complain about speed i got my full speed 10Mbps download without issue ^^

upload_2017-3-20_13-41-45.png

Does this beta driver for OS X 10.11.x El Capitan work for TL-WN725N Version 1?
I have TL-WN725N V1, and installed driver version TL-WN725N(US)_V2.2_160822_Mac, it works like a charm, even wake up after sleep mode

I have TL-WN725N V1, and installed driver version TL-WN725N(US)_V2.2_160822_Mac, it works like a charm, even wake up after sleep mode
does it work on Sierra ?

Is anyone still have problem with dark menu icon with this dongle? I found a way to fix it and attaching file in this post, place that file on “/Library/Application Support/WLAN/” and replace the original (you can backup itu first), after that you can kill the StatusBarApp.app using terminal `sudo killall -c StatusBarApp` and run the StatusBarApp.app that you just copied, please unplug dongle first before run the app.

If anyone is curious how I can figure it you can read this https://zerosite.github.io/memperbaiki-icon-tp-link-TL-WN725N-pada-dark-mode-mac-os.html, you can use google translate because it is not english, thanks and hope this helping someone.

Attachments

• Fix Dark Status Bar TL-WN725N.zip
    869.8 KB · Views: 110
  • new_expand.png
    new_expand.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 300
  • new.png
    new.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 247
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back