Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] TL-WN725N V2 USB wireless in el Capitan —*possible???

Status
Not open for further replies.
any one tried on 10.12 siera?

I just bought this (WN823N) and try on Sierra. It works using 725n beta driver as quoted above.

I just bought this (WN823N) and try on Sierra. It works using 725n beta driver as quoted above.
I have installed the official driver. It works fine at first. However, my laptop did not sleep the second day. I uninstall the driver and the sleep works again.
Do you have any solutions?

I have installed the official driver. It works fine at first. However, my laptop did not sleep the second day. I uninstall the driver and the sleep works again.

I'm using El Capitan 10.11.6, everything works perfectly (also after sleep), did you installed last version of TL-WN725n drivers?
I just facing this problem when i'm changing to dark menu bar (see attached screenshoot) do you have the same problem?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 202
I'm using El Capitan 10.11.6, everything works perfectly (also after sleep), did you installed last version of TL-WN725n drivers?
I just facing this problem when i'm changing to dark menu bar (see attached screenshoot) do you have the same problem?
No. I guess bugs existed in this latest driver. I finally install the old version driver, although a little bug still exsited.

No. I guess bugs existed in this latest driver. I finally install the old version driver, although a little bug still exsited.
I'm keep using latest driver..:lol:
my laptop did not sleep the second day. I uninstall the driver and the sleep works again.
I fixed sleep/restart/shutdown with DSDT/SSDT patch, see Here.
Maybe you can use it to fix your sleep problem.

I'm keep using latest driver..:lol:

I fixed sleep/restart/shutdown with DSDT/SSDT patch, see Here.
Maybe you can use it to fix your sleep problem.
Good luck. I bought a BCM94352z, and everything works fine, including bluetooth, airdrop, sleep/wakeup. However, I could not enable the handoff, any suggestions?

My issue with this dongle is that it suddenly stops and I get the message "No Wireless NIC plug ing". I'm using the beta driver and am on El Capitan.

I just tried on Sierra 10.12.2 it's work, but my Laptop doesn't goes to sleep, just waiting for official driver for this dongle.:roll2:
My issue with this dongle is that it suddenly stops and I get the message "No Wireless NIC plug ing". I'm using the beta driver and am on El Capitan.
Did you fix your USB port for El Capitan? I've tried before, it worked perfectly on 10.11.x :)

(Cut to the chase)

TP-LINK yesterday released a beta driver for OS X 10.11.x El Capitan for this USB wireless dongle. I installed it without any issues yesterday evening, and it seems to work great! Here is the link to the beta driver download page:

http://www.tp-link.us/download/TL-WN725N_V2.html#Driver

:headbang:

Thank you TP-LINK!!!

My original thread below this line:

So it seems as though the drivers from the TP-LINK website for this device (TL-WN725N USB wireless adapter) list compatibility for OSX 10.7 - 10.10, of course I attempted to install on el Capitan… as you might have guessed, it would not allow me to install. In Apple System Profiler, it is acknowledging the presence of the USB Wifi adapter, it’s just not letting me use it. Surely there has got to be a hack or workaround for this, involving custom KEXTs or something.

System is a freshly-built (just a couple days old) Gigabyte Z97M-DS3H, Core i3 3.7GHz 1150, Radeon 5870, 8GB Ballistic Tactical RAM, 500GB supported hard drive. Set up as dual-booting (Windoze 8.1 on first partition, OS X 10.11.3 on second partition), TP-LINK wireless USB adapter works great in Windoze.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :headbang:

Does this beta driver for OS X 10.11.x El Capitan work for TL-WN725N Version 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back