Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H110M-A
CPU
Intel Core i5 7400 Kaby Lake
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 470
Hello everyone,

I'm currently having a problem when in the High Sierra Installer where when I click the first "continue", a window pops up and says that "The recovery server could not be contacted".

My build is as follows:

i5 7400
Gigabyte H110M-A
RX 470

I've used unibeast to create the install USB.

Everything else seems to be going smoothly.

Do I need to connect to the internet somehow? I'll be using USB wifi so i'm not sure how that would work.

I also tried changing my date, but that hasn't worked so far.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Yes.

You should put the kext(s) for your network interface into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other on the EFI partition of your USB.

Thanks for your help, I was able to fix it by just using Unibeast 8.1.0 to make my drive instead of 8.2.0.

Where can you find Unibeast 8.1.0? I cant find it on the site? I too am having the same problem and have checked the kext as well as my Internet connection.

Wow thanks for the fast reply..will see if this solves my problem

That was the problem. For some reason I got the "The recovery server could not be contacted" message when using the latest UniBeast download. I switched to UniBeast 8.1.0 and it installed just fine. I have another problem though but will post that in another thread

Thanks got it working

That was the problem. For some reason I got the "The recovery server could not be contacted" message when using the latest UniBeast download. I switched to UniBeast 8.1.0 and it installed just fine. I have another problem though but will post that in another thread
Thanks a lot for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back