Contribute
Register

[SOLVED]Stuck at AHCI error. Nothing helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Here's my system:
Asus P8Z77-v Pro/Thunderbolt
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16GB
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge

Intel 520 Series Cherryville SSD 240GB
TP-LINK TL-WDN3800
LG external (usb) dvd drive

I've tried following every guide I can find, but nothing works. I boot from iBoot Ivy Bridge and whether or not I use my Snow Leopard retail dvd, it doesn't seem to matter. If I hit enter on the iBoot menu, I get a kernel panic with an AHCI error. I've tried every single boot flag in every possible option and they don't help at all. Here's a list of my boot flag errors:

-F ACPI error
-f acpi
-v acpi
-x bsd process name corresponding to current thread:unknown9) on stack)
UseKernelCache=Yes acpi
PCIRootUID=1/0 acpi
GraphicsEnabler=No acpi
busratio=35 acpi
cpus=1 acpi
acpi=off acpi
-f -v -x pmap_steal_memory
-f -v acpi
-f -x bsd
-v -x pmap (16GB/8GB) / acpi (4GB)

My BIOS is modified and I have it on all the correct settings (
AHCI, HPT Enabled, xHCI Auto, EHCI Hand-off Enabled).
As you can see from the last flag, I have tried with my full 16GB of ram, or taking some out. The only difference that made was a pmap error with 16 or 8 gb and the same acpi error with only 4.

Here are some pics of the errors I'm getting. First is without flags, second is with -v.
2013-04-30_15-43-08_117.jpg2013-04-30_15-44-13_759.jpg

Please help. I have no clue how to get this working. My only thought could be that I'm using an external dvd drive, but it boots up fine so I don't know...

Stuck at AHCI error. Nothing helps.

Here's my system:
Asus P8Z77-v Pro/Thunderbolt
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16GB
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge

Intel 520 Series Cherryville SSD 240GB
TP-LINK TL-WDN3800
LG external (usb) dvd drive
Please help. I have no clue how to get this working. My only thought could be that I'm using an external dvd drive, but it boots up fine so I don't know...

Are you using a retail 10.6.0/10.6.3 install DVD?

Try pulling the DVD out of the external case and connecting it up temporarily to a SATA port on the main board.

Try pulling the DVD out of the external case and connecting it up temporarily to a SATA port on the main board.
It's actually a portable external dvd drive (like for laptops) so it only connects through USB.

It's actually a portable external dvd drive (like for laptops) so it only connects through USB.

killgriff

As you said this is an external DVD reader using USB - this is a problem as the USB connection gets disconnected (or can ) when the BIOS boots or iBoot boots. etc

See if you can locate a SATA DVD reader - and then attach it to the Motherboard via the SATA cable - you may want to see if you can pull one from another computer or ask friends and family if you can borrow one ....

[SOLVED] Stuck at AHCI error. Nothing helps.

The dvd drive was the last part of my build, so I got it ordered when I was having trouble. I received it today and everything installed fine.

The dvd drive was the last part of my build, so I got it ordered when I was having trouble. I received it today and everything installed fine.

killgriff

Success - congrats - now that you have a somewhat working SL install on IB hardware ( remember to use the iBoot IB CD in the DVD Drive) when booting. You can press onto the making of the ML Unibeast Thumb Drive.

Also then as your installing ML which is OSX 10.8.x you will need to post new questions and problems in the Desktop Support for Mountain Lion Forum as we are the Desktop Support for Snow Leopard Forum.

FYI.

Tote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back