Motherboard
Asus P5QE
CPU
Intel Q9650
Graphics
MSI GT 710
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am experiencing a very strange problem with Clover. Every update of Clover past r3794 results in my bluetooth card not being recognized. I do not understand this at all. My Hackintosh motherboard is an old Asus P5Q-E. Clover had to be installed in Legacy mode. It does not have UEFI

My bluetooth card is the following: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012LOT512/?tag=tonymacx86com-20. This is a very compatible card as I understand it and is normally recognized natively by OS X. I have not needed any patches or kexts.
This is a combo Bluetooth/WiFi card. What is even more strange is that this bug only affects the bluetooth portion of the card. WiFi works fine.

I am running Sierra 10.12.6 but noticed this problem originally with 10.12.4.

I have done extensive testing and have made the following observations:

- I have tried every version of Clover past r3794 and am having the same problem including the most recent version r4128.
- Every time I go back to Clover r3794 the problem is resolved.
- The problem is more than my Bluetooth is not working. Sierra does not even recognize that it exits. There is no bluetooth
icon under settings. The Bluetooth portion of my card is not recognized at all.
- This problem appears to be unique to my hardware or configuration. I have done an extensive Google search and cannot find anyone reporting this problem. I have another build (Asus Z87pro) that uses the exact same Bluetooth card that is not experiencing this problem.

Let me state again that Clover r3794 works fine. Something happened after this version and I cannot figure out how to fix it.
This is obviously not a big problem. Let me pre-empt the obvious first response which is to simply stay with my working version of Clover. It still bugs me and I thought I would see if anyone had any ideas.

Last edited:
I am experiencing a very strange problem with Clover. Every update of Clover past r3794 results in my bluetooth card not being recognized. I do not understand this at all. My Hackintosh motherboard is an old Asus P5Q-E. Clover had to be installed in Legacy mode. It does not have UEFI

My bluetooth card is the following: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012LOT512/?tag=tonymacx86com-20. This is a very compatible card as I understand it and is normally recognized natively by OS X. I have not needed any patches or kexts.
This is a combo Bluetooth/WiFi card. What is even more strange is that this bug only affects the bluetooth portion of the card. WiFi works fine.

I am running Sierra 10.12.6 but noticed this problem originally with 10.12.4.

I have done extensive testing and have made the following observations:

- I have tried every version of Clover past r3794 and am having the same problem including the most recent version r4128.
- Every time I go back to Clover r3794 the problem is resolved.
- The problem is more than my Bluetooth is not working. Sierra does not even recognize that it exits. There is no bluetooth
icon under settings. The Bluetooth portion of my card is not recognized at all.
- This problem appears to be unique to my hardware or configuration. I have done an extensive Google search and cannot find anyone reporting this problem. I have another build (Asus Z87pro) that uses the exact same Bluetooth card that is not experiencing this problem.

Let me state again that Clover r3794 works fine. Something happened after this version and I cannot figure out how to fix it.
This is obviously not a big problem. Let me pre-empt the obvious first response which is to simply stay with my working version of Clover. It still bugs me and I thought I would see if anyone had any ideas.

Well, I have managed to fix my problem but have more questions than answers. I managed to track down the problem to the USB header on my motherboard to which the BT is connected. I swapped USB headers with my card reader. It worked! What doesn't make sense is that the card reader also works using the USB header previously assigned to my nonfuntioning BT card. Oh well, tis the joy of using a Hackintosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back