Motherboard
Acer E5-571G-58PE (CLOVER)
CPU
Intel i5-5200U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500, 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
After upgrade to Mojave from High Sierra it started to freeze randomly on boot. Not whole system freezes but only system ui, I can move cursor and open some apps too.

For this attached report it froze after I closed lid and opened after 5 minutes.

I have attached report files generated by gen_debug right after freeze.

And is there any post describing how to diagnose hackintosh?

Attachments

• debug_21097.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 479
After upgrade to Mojave from High Sierra it started to freeze randomly on boot. Not whole system freezes but only system ui, I can move cursor and open some apps too.

For this attached report it froze after I closed lid and opened after 5 minutes.

I have attached report files generated by gen_debug right after freeze.

And is there any post describing how to diagnose hackintosh?
kexts should be installed to /Library/Extensions

drivers64UEFI folder, remove OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and try AptioMemoryFix

check the guide as there is an image of what files should be in that folder:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

also you may want to update your config.plist from the guide above

drivers64UEFI folder, remove OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and try AptioMemoryFix

check the guide as there is an image of what files should be in that folder:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Thank you for your fix suggestion but unfortuanantly it didn't fix random freeze. I huess system freezes on each second boot and I'm suspecting it related to wifi but I don't know how to diagnose it or where to start.

Attached file is after rebooting from last freeze

Attachments

• debug_15952.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 193
Thank you for your fix suggestion but unfortuanantly it didn't fix random freeze. I huess system freezes on each second boot and I'm suspecting it related to wifi but I don't know how to diagnose it or where to start.

Probably you should do a fresh install... (you have patched kexts that you should not have patched).
For example, you patched IO80211Family.kext.
Don't do it... replace WiFi hardware with Broadcom, as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

And if you really insist on using Atheros WiFi, only install AirPortAtheros40.kext to /L/E, and leave IO80211Family in SLE untouched.

Also, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext is deprecated, replaced with WhateverGreen.kext.
You should also not be using GenericUSBXHCI.kext.
ACPIDebug.kext is for temporary use only (once you're done debugging ACPI, remove it).

AppleALC_ALC283.kext should not be combined with AppleALC.kext. Use only one audio solution, not multiple.

Probably you should do a fresh install... (you have patched kexts that you should not have patched).
For example, you patched IO80211Family.kext.
Don't do it... replace WiFi hardware with Broadcom, as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

And if you really insist on using Atheros WiFi, only install AirPortAtheros40.kext to /L/E, and leave IO80211Family in SLE untouched.

Also, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext is deprecated, replaced with WhateverGreen.kext.
You should also not be using GenericUSBXHCI.kext.
ACPIDebug.kext is for temporary use only (once you're done debugging ACPI, remove it).

AppleALC_ALC283.kext should not be combined with AppleALC.kext. Use only one audio solution, not multiple.

I guess atheros was the reason. I deleted it now I don't face any freeze. Thank you!

I guess atheros was the reason. I deleted it now I don't face any freeze. Thank you!

Yeah, not really very surprising that using kexts from older versions of macOS would cause stability problems.

Marked solved.

Hi.

I have a similar problem but not on boot, it freezes randomly, sometimes works fine entire day, sometimes not.

Debug file attached.

Thanks!
same symtomps with me.. I use HD3000 on Mojave with hd3000 kext from high Sierra
i also use Atheros WiFi kext and replace IO80211 family.kext on S/L/E

maybe this caused by replacing io80211 family kext on s/l/e?

same symtomps with me.. I use HD3000 on Mojave with hd3000 kext from high Sierra
i also use Atheros WiFi kext and replace IO80211 family.kext on S/L/E

maybe this caused by replacing io80211 family kext on s/l/e?
as there is no support for HD3000 on Mojave, you best go back to using High Sierra and see if you have issues

as there is no support for HD3000 on Mojave, you best go back to using High Sierra and see if you have issues
I forgot to tell.. This freeze also happen in high sierra.. the freeze not to often in mojave than high sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back