GA Z97M D3H
CPU
i5 4690
Graphics
HD 4600
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Hi,
I'm trying to install my pc using SnowLeopard retail DVD (from my old mac). Next step is to access to mac app store and upgrade to El Capitan.

my PC has:
a Gigabyte Z97M D3H motherboard
intel i5 4690
no graphic card (using intel HD4600)

I managed to install SnowLeopard using iBoot. I've installed the combo 10.6.8 and multibeast.
Now SL boots if the iBoot DVD is there, but if I try to boot without the DVD, the boot process gets stuck.
(whatever the boot option I use)

In verbose mode, I see a few lines and then a dark screen.
I used a camera to read the last lines I see because it goes to quick:
Starting darwin x86
Boot args: boot-uuid=<something> rd=?uuid arch=i386 npci=0x2000 -v

By the way, I also tried to download el capitan from mac app store, but ethernet is not working from iBoot (and I don't have EthernetBuildIn on the DVD org.chameleon.Boot.plist). (and I can't change this since it is on a DVD)
I'm actually connected to internet with a USB wifi device.
-> so I've got the "computer unchecked" with Mac App Store.

Any ideas ?

snowleopard only working with iBoot+ethernet issues

Hi,
I'm trying to install my pc using SnowLeopard retail DVD (from my old mac). Next step is to access to mac app store and upgrade to El Capitan.

my PC has:
a Gigabyte Z97M D3H motherboard
intel i5 4690
no graphic card (using intel HD4600)

I managed to install SnowLeopard using iBoot. I've installed the combo 10.6.8 and multibeast.
Now SL boots if the iBoot DVD is there, but if I try to boot without the DVD, the boot process gets stuck.
(whatever the boot option I use)

In verbose mode, I see a few lines and then a dark screen.
I used a camera to read the last lines I see because it goes to quick:
Starting darwin x86
Boot args: boot-uuid=<something> rd=?uuid arch=i386 npci=0x2000 -v

By the way, I also tried to download el capitan from mac app store, but ethernet is not working from iBoot (and I don't have EthernetBuildIn on the DVD org.chameleon.Boot.plist). (and I can't change this since it is on a DVD)
I'm actually connected to internet with a USB wifi device.
-> so I've got the "computer unchecked" with Mac App Store.

Any ideas ?

Your hardware is too new to run Snow Leopard unaided.

Download MultiBeast to a USB flash drive and then you can install the driver for your ethernet interface. This will enable you to access the App Store to download El Capitan. Do not use the USB wireless, it will just complicate the process.

Your hardware is too new to run Snow Leopard unaided.

Download MultiBeast to a USB flash drive and then you can install the driver for your ethernet interface. This will enable you to access the App Store to download El Capitan. Do not use the USB wireless, it will just complicate the process.

thanks for answering.
you mean I should install MultiBeast on a USB flash drive and boot on it ?

thanks for answering.
you mean I should install MultiBeast on a USB flash drive and boot on it ?

No, use the flash drive to copy MultiBeast to your Snow Leopard install.
MultiBeast is not bootable.

No, use the flash drive to copy MultiBeast to your Snow Leopard install.
MultiBeast is not bootable.

that's what I done.
But after installing MultiBeast on my SnowLeopard, chimera doesn't boot (see above my issue), whatever I put in the boot options.

that's what I done.
But after installing MultiBeast on my SnowLeopard, chimera doesn't boot (see above my issue), whatever I put in the boot options.

You seem confused.

Your hardware is too new to be supported by Snow Leopard that is why you must always boot with the iBoot CD.

MultiBeast is an app that will help you to install the driver for your Ethernet interface which is required to access the App Store, at this stage you don't need any of its other features.

Installing Chimera at this point will not help you.

I restarted back from a fresh 10.6.8 install booting from iboot.

On multibeast what should I select as a don't need chimera ? (and as I just want to get the ethernet working)
I tried installing only network kext (once at each time, deleting the others at the proper place).

But none of the 3 network drivers works.

I don't have any en0 interface when I run ifconfig.

I restarted back from a fresh 10.6.8 install booting from iboot.

On multibeast what should I select as a don't need chimera ? (and as I just want to get the ethernet working)
I tried installing only network kext (once at each time, deleting the others at the proper place).

But none of the 3 network drivers works.

I don't have any en0 interface when I run ifconfig.

Try a later version of MultiBeast that has your Ethernet driver included.

I'm using multibeast 3.10.1 . it should be latest version for SL. May i use drivers for an other osx version multibeast ?

I'm using multibeast 3.10.1 . it should be latest version for SL. May i use drivers for an other osx version multibeast ?

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back