ASRock B150M-HDS
CPU
i3-6100 [email protected]
Graphics
GTX 1070 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi people, I managed to install macOS Sierra on my Skylake build (El Capitan also working but got SAME issue):

• Asrock B150M-HDS
  • Intel Core i3-6100
  • AMD Radeon R7 370 (by spoofing devID=68101002 & using normal Framebuffer to avoid black screen)
  • Realtek Ethernet RTL8111GR (by using RTL8111 from mieze)
  • Realtek ALC887 Audio (by installing ALC 887 kext with Intel 100 series fix)

But... after the installation the kernel_task begins using 100 percent of the CPU because of an ACPI problem:

kernel_task.png

ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed, [\_GPE._L6F] (Node ffffff80323535d0), AE_NOT_FOUND (20140828/psparse-270)

The OS is running smooth and runs even a game in this state. (also no overheating and Intel Gadget shows as normal...)
I researched a bit and found out that it is an Asrock motherboard related problem and can be solved by disabling GPE6F, but how to do this on MacOS ?

On Linux it's possible to disable gpe6F by adding:

echo "disable" > /sys/firmware/acpi/interrupts/gpe6F

it to /etc/rc.local.

Maybe someome could help me to find a way to disable gpe6F on MacOS? Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Finally managed to fix it myself with DSDT patching ...

Fix: Removed Method "_L6F" & removed unused Args to compile without errors.

Method (_L6F, 0, NotSerialized) // _Lxx: Level-Triggered GPE
{
\_SB.UGPS ()
If (LEqual (RTD3, One))
{
If (CondRefOf (\_GPE.AL6F))
{
AL6F ()
}
}

If (LEqual (PGRT, One))
{
If (LEqual (SGGP, One))
{
If (CondRefOf (\_GPE.P0L6))
{
P0L6 (\_SB.CAGS (P0WK))
}
}

If (LEqual (P1GP, One))
{
If (CondRefOf (\_GPE.P1L6))
{
P1L6 (\_SB.CAGS (P1WK))
}
}

If (LEqual (P2GP, One))
{
If (CondRefOf (\_GPE.P2L6))
{
P2L6 (\_SB.CAGS (P2WK))
}
}
}

If (LEqual (TBTS, One))
{
If (\_SB.ISME (CPGN))
{
\_SB.THDR ()
}
}

\_SB.CGLS ()
}

The CPU went from 63-35% inactivity to 93-95%! (only activity monitor app open) plus the console stopped spamming the ACPI error!

Edit: The CPU temperature dropped from 36°C to 25°C, the frequency was constanstly 3,7GHz before and now 1GHz+ and the CPU power consumption also dropped from 37W to 10W+.

IntelGadget.png

Seems like ASRock wants only Windows on this B150M motherboard and added non-existing methods in the DSDT and/or the BIOS contains bad ACPI tables, since this can be reproduced in Linux.

Added the patched DSDT if someone needs it in the future.

Attachments

• B150M-HDS DSDT.aml
    136.7 KB · Views: 596
Last edited:
I think I have an ACPI error that shows M64L instead of L6F on my Toshiba laptop.
The DSDT on this laptop is full of shitty things. Really.
Toshiba more like Toshitba.

Marry me.
You saved my laptop's battery life with this.
Thank you!

Marry me.
You saved my laptop's battery life with this.
Thank you!

Nice to hear that.
It seems that this problem is not only on Skylake boards, but could be an OEM related problem.
Maybe they insert "correct" ACPI tables, but they are loaded not the same way on macOS & Linux as in Windows.

Hi people, I managed to install macOS Sierra on my Skylake build (El Capitan also working but got SAME issue):

• Asrock B150M-HDS
  • Intel Core i3-6100
  • AMD Radeon R7 370 (by spoofing devID=68101002 & using normal Framebuffer to avoid black screen)
  • Realtek Ethernet RTL8111GR (by using RTL8111 from mieze)
  • Realtek ALC887 Audio (by installing ALC 887 kext with Intel 100 series fix)
But... after the installation the kernel_task begins using 100 percent of the CPU because of an ACPI problem:

View attachment 214738

ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed, [\_GPE._L6F] (Node ffffff80323535d0), AE_NOT_FOUND (20140828/psparse-270)

The OS is running smooth and runs even a game in this state. (also no overheating and Intel Gadget shows as normal...)
I researched a bit and found out that it is an Asrock motherboard related problem and can be solved by disabling GPE6F, but how to do this on MacOS ?

On Linux it's possible to disable gpe6F by adding:

echo "disable" > /sys/firmware/acpi/interrupts/gpe6F

it to /etc/rc.local.

Maybe someome could help me to find a way to disable gpe6F on MacOS? Thanks for any help.
Sorry to wake an old thread, I'm having a problem that I think may be related. kernel_task runs at 100% all the time if I have a battery status kext loaded and I'm pretty sure this is a DSDT/APCI issue. How did you find the initial error: "

ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed, [\_GPE._L6F] (Node ffffff80323535d0), AE_NOT_FOUND (20140828/psparse-270)" maybe it'll help me track down my problem? Thank you!

Sorry to wake an old thread, I'm having a problem that I think may be related.
This is a Desktop Support forum - For help with your Laptop you should post in the relevant Laptop forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back