Asus ROG-Strix Z390-F
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi folks,

I read about some of you having shut down issues under 10.13.3. Unfortunately, none of the suggested workarounds work for me. My system works great, but when I want to shut it down, it restarts and when I reach the desktop I get the message that my "computer restarted because of a problem". You can find my config.plist attached below. I'm quite frustrated by now because nothing seems to work against this problem...
Secondly, after I updated to High Sierra, MacOS doesn't recognize the overclock I applied (I checked multiple times with Intel Power Gadget). I OCed my Ivy Bridge Core i5 3570k to 4,7GHz, which worked just fine under El Capitan (and Windows 10, which is installed on a second SSD) without modification. Unfortunately, the CPU remains at 3.4 GHz (its out of the box clockspeed) under HighSierra whatever I do. It doesn't even lower the clock when the system is idle. However, this is something I can live with. The OC would be nice, but it's not a dealbreaker for me. The shut down issue bothers me a lot, though, and I would really appreciate any help! Thanks in advance!

My system:

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
Intel Core i5 3570k
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 980ti
10.13.3 HighSierra
one 250SSD for MacOS
one 480SSD for Windows
iMac 14,2 system definitions

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 223
Not a Desktop Guide - Moved to Desktop Support.

Apologies about the misleading entry in the wrong part of the forum!

As it turns out, an old kext (ALXEthernet; ver. 1.0.2) triggered a KP at shut down. I noticed this when I was checking the error massage in detail. The strange thing was that the KP was not shown on the display (so I didn't realize for a long time that there was indeed a KP). Everything works fine now.
The OC issue was solved by removing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. I hope this helps other people who might have similar problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back