Contribute
Register

[solved] Realtek ALC295 - Audio crackling after wake from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gulios,

Up until a few months ago i was using Mirone's HDA patcher however after upgrading to 10.13.X I was getting non stop sound assertions in the log so have switched to using AppleALC version 1.2.7 + latest Lilu + CodecCommander ... very simple to install and works very well for me ..

1. Install All 3rd Party kext's in /L/E

2. Ensure that AppleHDA is vanilla and that you remove any and all HDA enablers, dummy kext's .. etc

3. No need for any DSDT edits .. just use Clover to set/Inject Layout ID ... I am using Layout ID 3, also enable HDAReset and
AFGLowPowerState

4. For working HDMI audio add Injected Intel HDMI device properties from Rehabmans HD620 Config.plist example to your clover configuration, no need for any FakePCI HDMI kext's if your VGA controller is 0868:5916 like mine - Use DPCI-Manger to check. Make sure you do the fixes that Rehabman suggested above .. especially HECI --> IMEI rename.

Good Luck
Jay

Thank you i solved it months ago by installing Lilu+AppleALC and it works fine.
One thing that on headphones sound crackling but usually don;t use it.

Thank you i solved it months ago by installing Lilu+AppleALC and it works fine. One thing that on headphones sound crackling but usually don;t use it.

AppleALC version 1.2.5 onwards deals with EAPD wake verbs for supported codecs (ALC295 is supported) so no need for Codec Commander ... it could be conflicting with AppleALC.

Jay

I'm using AppleALC.kext, Clover injection (layout-id = 28) and edited CodecCommander. Audio in general works really well... only issue I'm having is that it crackles a little when waking from sleep. It's quite subtle and only happens when audio is playing, but still it's pretty annoying and I'd like to fix it if poss.

Any help much appreciated as usual. @RehabMan I figure this might be relevant to you as I'm using your branch of CodecCommander.
My internal speakers have no audio... Please how did you fix yours?

yes i have the same problem, my headphones are working but my internal speakers not.

I've figured out that it only happens when i reboot from Windows 10 only... Sound drivers for realtek295 are loaded if you boot linux/mac first. But gets unloaded when you boot windows 10 first, at least for mac os.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back