Contribute
Register

[solved] Realtek ALC295 - Audio crackling after wake from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Development and debug of ALC295 is now compete and will be included in the next release of Mirones Apple HDA patcher.

Keep an eye open for an announcement soon ... probably on IM Forum ..
I'll bookkmark this post and will post a link to Mirone's annocment when he releases ...

Cheers
Jay

Development and debug of ALC295 is now compete and will be included in the next release of Mirones Apple HDA patcher.

I'll bookkmark this post and will post a link to Mirone's annocment when he releases ...

Cheers
Jay

Good News .. Mirone has released Version 1.8 of his Apple HDA Patcher with support for ALC295 ..

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/download/496-applehda-patcher/

Cheers
Jay

Hi,

Laptop: Asus UX430UA
CPU: i7-7500U
Audio: ALC295
Audio device: 0x80869D71
Sub Device: 0x10431740
Codec ID:0x10EC0295
Revision: 0x0002

I have similar problem like "ilpala" from #9.

Audio device is recognised.
Microphone works (checked via handoff calling).
Switching from speakers&headphones works fine.

I'm using AppleALC.kext, Clover injection (layout-id = 28) - only with that ID i see device in system preferences

but, there is NO sound from the speakers/headphones ;(
(on headphones i hear some distorted sound - very quiet and crackles ).

I'v tried with AppleHDA Patcherv1.8 which genereted aDummyHDA.kext, config.plist with inject = 3 and ecause it doesn't work too or worst because audio device is not recognised.

Can you help me with this, please?

Attachments

• Sound 2.png
    Sound 2.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 480
  • Sound 3.png
    Sound 3.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 505
  • Sound 4.png
    Sound 4.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 394
  • Sound.png
    Sound.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 431
  • Sound 5.png
    Sound 5.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 539
  • Debug.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 135
Hi,

Laptop: Asus UX430UA
CPU: i7-7500U
Audio: ALC295
Audio device: 0x80869D71
Sub Device: 0x10431740
Codec ID:0x10EC0295
Revision: 0x0002

I have similar problem like "ilpala" from #9.

Audio device is recognised.
Microphone works (checked via handoff calling).
Switching from speakers&headphones works fine.

I'm using AppleALC.kext, Clover injection (layout-id = 28) - only with that ID i see device in system preferences

but, there is NO sound from the speakers/headphones ;(
(on headphones i hear some distorted sound - very quiet and crackles ).

I'v tried with AppleHDA Patcherv1.8 which genereted aDummyHDA.kext, config.plist with inject = 3 and ecause it doesn't work too or worst because audio device is not recognised.

Can you help me with this, please?

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I've added Debug.zip to previous post with all required data.

Thank you RehabMan.

You forgot FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext.
Also... all kexts you need should be installed to the system volume.

Other mistakes:
- CPU PM not implemented
- IGPU PM not implemented
- HECI not renamed to IMEI
- USB not implemented correctly
- remove 3rd party system software (such as AirParrot, VirtualBox) while debugging your system
- dummyHDA and AppleALC simultaneous is a mistake

You forgot FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext.
Also... all kexts you need should be installed to the system volume.

Other mistakes:
- CPU PM not implemented
- IGPU PM not implemented
- HECI not renamed to IMEI
- USB not implemented correctly
- remove 3rd party system software (such as AirParrot, VirtualBox) while debugging your system
- dummyHDA and AppleALC simultaneous is a mistake

Ok, there was FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext in kexts folder.
I've removed dummyHDA and patches from config.plist installed by AppleHDA Patcher and lef only AppleALC.

Situation didn't changed, audio device is recognised but NO sound.
I'm trying to fix "other mistakes" you gave me.

btw... what does it "USB not implemented correctly" means? can you give me some link how to implement it correctly ?

Thank you.

Cheers
Jay

Hi @jaymonkey

As i wrote before in #13 i have a problem to fix audio with AppleAlce.kext+lilu.kext+clover inject 28.
Devices works ok but no sound.

I didn't want to modify S/L/E original kexts but i want working audio ;)) so thats why i installed Miron AppleHDA Patcherv1.8 method: dummy+config+applehda(id 3) to S/L/E and codecCommander.
Now sound works fine but on headphones sound crackling;(

Can you write what did you do to fix ALC295 or upload you AppleALC+CodecCommander and config.plist

Thank you for your help.

Hi @jaymonkey

As i wrote before in #13 i have a problem to fix audio with AppleAlce.kext+lilu.kext+clover inject 28.
Devices works ok but no sound. Can you write what did you do to fix ALC295 or upload you AppleALC+CodecCommander and config.plist

@gulios,

Up until a few months ago i was using Mirone's HDA patcher however after upgrading to 10.13.X I was getting non stop sound assertions in the log so have switched to using AppleALC version 1.2.7 + latest Lilu... very simple to install and works very well for me ..

1. Install All 3rd Party kext's in /L/E

2. Ensure that AppleHDA is vanilla and that you remove any and all HDA enablers, dummy kext's .. etc

3. No need for any DSDT edits .. just use Clover to set/Inject Layout ID ... I am using Layout ID 3, also enable HDAReset and
AFGLowPowerState

4. For working HDMI audio add Injected Intel HDMI device properties from Rehabmans HD620 Config.plist example to your clover configuration, no need for any FakePCI HDMI kext's if your VGA controller is 0868:5916 like mine - Use DPCI-Manger to check. Make sure you do the fixes that Rehabman suggested above .. especially HECI --> IMEI rename.

5. No need for Codec Commander anymore as AppleALC ver 1.2.5 onwards also deals with EAPD wake verbs for ALC295 codec.

Good Luck
Jay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back