Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel Core i7-7500U / i7-3770
Graphics
Intel HD620 / AMD Radeon HD7770
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm using AppleALC.kext, Clover injection (layout-id = 28) and edited CodecCommander. Audio in general works really well... only issue I'm having is that it crackles a little when waking from sleep. It's quite subtle and only happens when audio is playing, but still it's pretty annoying and I'd like to fix it if poss.

Any help much appreciated as usual. @RehabMan I figure this might be relevant to you as I'm using your branch of CodecCommander.

I'm using AppleALC.kext, Clover injection (layout-id = 28) and edited CodecCommander. Audio in general works really well... only issue I'm having is that it crackles a little when waking from sleep. It's quite subtle and only happens when audio is playing, but still it's pretty annoying and I'd like to fix it if poss.

Any help much appreciated as usual. @RehabMan I figure this might be relevant to you as I'm using your branch of CodecCommander.

There are quite a few parameters you can tweak in CodecCommander via ACPI.
You might check into it and experiment with it to decide which actions you really need.

There are quite a few parameters you can tweak in CodecCommander via ACPI.
You might check into it and experiment with it to decide which actions you really need.

This is quite vague, would you mind elaborating a little?

This is quite vague, would you mind elaborating a little?

Read the CodecCommander README, Info.plist, and look at existing examples of SSDTs in the repo.

Read the CodecCommander README, Info.plist, and look at existing examples of SSDTs in the repo.
Seem to have fixed this by adding the LayoutID to Custom Commands and patching the DSDT with the audio layout as opposed to using the Clover injection. SSDT wasn't necessary.

I'm using AppleALC.kext, Clover injection (layout-id = 28) and edited CodecCommander. Audio in general works really well....

Would you mind sharing your patches and dummy kext for ALC295 ? ... i've got one in a laptop i'm trying to run osx on, i havent been able to find much info on realtek ALC 295 .. would like to know how you got working ...

if you used a guide which one ?

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Would you mind sharing your patches and dummy kext for ALC295 ? ... i've got one in a laptop i'm trying to run osx on, i havent been able to find much info on realtek ALC 295 .. would like to know how you got working ...

if you used a guide which one ?

Cheers
Jay

AppleALC does not use a dummy kext. But it has all the data required to create one...

AppleALC does not use a dummy kext. But it has all the data required to create one...

Yup i realised that he was using patched AppleHDA rather than dummy resource kext and AHDA clover patches
after i re-read just after i posted ... my bad.

@Popyura,

Please ignore last request for info ...

I am working with Mirone to debug and get working ALC295 codec support .. already have basics working now.
Full support for ALC295 will be added to his next release ...

Cheers
Jay

popyura, i've the same codec (hp omen 15).
I used AppleALC.kext + hdaenabler28 + appleHDA (original).

Audio device is recognised.
Microphone works (i can see the bars filling) but no sound from the speakers (or from headphone).

Using Clover on sierra .4

maybe i'm missing something?

I am working with Mirone to debug and get working ALC295 codec support .. already have basics working now.
Full support for ALC295 will be added to his next release ...
HP Spectre x360 13" also has the ALC295, according to what I get audio_codecdetect.command.

Where should I watch for news on your and Mirone's progress?

FWIW, VoodooHDA worked for me when I installed it (at least for speakers), but i understand getting AppleHDA is preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back