CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
WX 4100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to make the recovery boot partition to work in Mojave (fresh Install). In this process, I copied Lilu and WhateverGreen to /EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other but during the recovery partition boot I saw following screen.

mac-prohibit-symbol-screen-icon.png

Now when I'm trying to boot Mojave it's broken too (this was working before I copied kexts to EFI partition). I booted using USB drive and removed above kexts from /EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other but still my Mojave boot is broken. I guess I can rerun the Multibeast to fix this but can anyone clarify few questions.

1. Why Mojave boot broke by copying kexts to EFI parition?
2. What kext we need to make recovery partition to work in Mojave?

Thanks a lot for help.

Last edited:
I'm trying to make the recovery boot partition to work in Mojave (fresh Install). In this process, I copied Lilu, WhateverGreen and FakeSMC to /EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other but during the recovery partition boot I saw following screen.

mac-prohibit-symbol-screen-icon.png

Now when I'm trying to boot Mojave it's broken too (this was working before I copied kexts to EFI partition). I booted using USB drive and removed above kexts from /EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other but still my Mojave boot is broken. I guess I can rerun the Multibeast to fix this but can anyone clarify few questions.

1. Why Mojave boot broke by copying kexts to EFI parition?
2. What kext we need to make recovery partition to work in Mojave?

Thanks a lot for help.

FakeSMC.kext is the only thing that should not be tampered and moved around. Since macOS needs to have FakeSMC.kext to boot. It HAS TO BE in /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ otherwise you will encounter that error or if you moved it to you installation, you will need to move it back.

Never tamper with FakeSMC.

Guide will come soon enough about FakeSMC and why it is needed.

Curious/\/\ac

FakeSMC.kext is the only thing that should not be tampered and moved around. Since macOS needs to have FakeSMC.kext to boot. It HAS TO BE in /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ otherwise you will encounter that error or if you moved it to you installation, you will need to move it back.

Curious/\/\ac

FakeSMC.kext works just fine when installed to /L/E.
Of course, since you probably have config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts="Detect", at the moment you install FakeSMC.kext to /L/E, you must also install ALL other "kexts you need" to /L/E, as the kexts you have in EFI/Clover/kexts will be ignored when booting a partition with FakeSMC.kext installed.

You can read about it in post #2 of my guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Curious/\/\ac

FakeSMC.kext works just fine when installed to /L/E.
Of course, since you probably have config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts="Detect", at the moment you install FakeSMC.kext to /L/E, you must also install ALL other "kexts you need" to /L/E, as the kexts you have in EFI/Clover/kexts will be ignored when booting a partition with FakeSMC.kext installed.

You can read about it in post #2 of my guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Thank you @CuriousMac and @RehabMan for responding to my question. I gave little wrong information in my question: I didn't copy or move the FakeSMC.kext around. It was already part of EFI/Clover/kexts and /L/E. Apologies for that. I added (Lilu and WhateverGreen) expecting it will fix the Recovery partition boot up (One thing to note here is, I installed these kexts from Clover Configurator application).

After I broke the Clover boot loader, I did the following and the last one fixed my OS booting.

1. Deleted the extra kexts (Lilu & WhateverGreen) from EFI/Clover (Didn’t work)
2. Deleted the contents of EFI partition and reinstalled Clover using MultiBeast. (Didn’t work)
3. Deleted the contents of EFI Partition and copied the Mojave Bootable USB drive EFI Partition to SSD EFI Partition (Worked)

I'm curious why #3 worked but not #1 and #2?

Today, when I placed the Lilu and WhateverGreen (downloaded from tonymacx86) in EFI/Clover, I'm able to boot into Recovery partition. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back